Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Flat Head Shinki Cafe Racer

7d3f6e2811f2c42609e3df8a16c427f6.jpg

Edward

Bartender
We've had a few London meetups in the past, but none for a year or two now, I think. Certainly worth doing - the Events area (under 'Community' threads) would be the best place to put it, though folks could be directed to the thread from here to ensure nobody misses because they only bother with one part of the Lounge.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Good question, that's the only size left, due to the fact their old competition weight leather isn't available anymore......you can see the comparison
2d3be14972c10085a5e35962d6bbd282.jpg
a180fef6a996adf447d6ea0f74a46c4f.jpg

Well, it being the only size left isn't useful if it isn't the right size...
This one looks huge on you, the shoulders are too wide, the body is too wide, the sleeves are too wide and too long, basically, it's a size too large, and it shows. Being "nicer" leather than the new stuff won't make it magically fit!
It's only my opinion, but you could do much better fit wise.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, it being the only size left isn't useful if it isn't the right size...
This one looks huge on you, the shoulders are too wide, the body is too wide, the sleeves are too wide and too long, basically, it's a size too large, and it shows. Being "nicer" leather than the new stuff won't make it magically fit!
It's only my opinion, but you could do much better fit wise.

I’d have to agree. I hate to be a downer as you seem pretty excited to get a jacket in that hide but every style “guru” will tell you fit trumps fabric every time.

Why not play the long game and wait for a used one in the competition hide?

Hh121

Banned
I’d have to agree. I hate to be a downer as you seem pretty excited to get a jacket in that hide but every style “guru” will tell you fit trumps fabric every time.

Why not play the long game and wait for a used one in the competition hide?

Thank you, I personally think it is decent fit, and I know it is going to be a disaster fit example in here. Fortunately I am not live in this small circle, most of people who don't come here and get the education won't notice anything. My other jacket seems have pretty good fit, highwayman, 50shalf belt, US authentic a2, LWJ23, Vanson model b, it is OK to have a baggy jacket, I really like the leather that has water repellent finish.
I think it is looks better than my test.

I'm in the same boat with my latest Aero CR. Perhaps not the greatest fit but I'm so in love with the hide that it's tough to pass it on. It is a narrow parameter, the fit specifics here. Very hard to ignore once you've become iniatied. But I suppose sometimes there's more than a perfect fit that makes a jacket desirable. Weird little niche hobby ain't it?

All my Vanson, new and old, no matter the leather finish, repel water. My octagon jacket and vest repel water better than my jackets by other brands. They had better, given the purpose of the jacket.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Good question, that's the only size left, due to the fact their old competition weight leather isn't available anymore......you can see the comparison
2d3be14972c10085a5e35962d6bbd282.jpg
a180fef6a996adf447d6ea0f74a46c4f.jpg
Man, the bottom pic looks like crap.......are you sure thats Vanson.........? All those little holes are not good !! Looks really corrected !!

Last edited:
Comp.jpg comp2.jpg

Comp weight from a jacket I have had for quite a while. Top is sleeve and bottom is back panel. I dusted it off to wear today. Before the dreadful summer heat kicks my a$$.

@Hh121 I bet you can call Vanson so they can run the jacket ID number for a date of birth. Maybe I am crazy but aren't the "little holes" hair follicles? One hell of a camera you must have.

Hh121

Banned
Man, the bottom pic looks like crap.......are you sure thats Vanson.........? All those little holes are not good !! Looks really corrected !!

Check my previous post about new Enfield, you will understand why I am so crazy about their old competition weight leather ( the construction is also much better).
According to Vanson, they have stock highwayman that only weight 7 lbs.

Hh121

Banned
View attachment 126532 View attachment 126533

Comp weight from a jacket I have had for quite a while. Top is sleeve and bottom is back panel. I dusted it off to wear today. Before the dreadful summer heat kicks my a$$.

@Hh121 I bet you can call Vanson so they can run the jacket ID number for a date of birth. Maybe I am crazy but aren't the "little holes" hair follicles? One hell of a camera you must have.

Spectacular!!! Would love to see some aged Octagon!

Seller told me my Enfield is around 2015.

Spectacular!!! Would love to see some aged Octagon!

Seller told me my Enfield is around 2015.

I will get some closeups of my octagon tonight or during lunch if I can get home. Not as broken in as this jacket but some wear over the past year or so. I prefer how X-150 and octagon looks during break-in. Though I do really like comp weight.

Hh121

Banned
I will get some closeups of my octagon tonight or during lunch if I can get home. Not as broken in as this jacket but some wear over the past year or so. I prefer how X-150 and octagon looks during break-in. Though I do really like comp weight.

Thank you, I am about purchase Octagon Enfield in Rakuten, it's a really light weight jacket only weight 5.3lbs, not sure yours. So it does not absorb water?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner