Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dannyk

One Too Many
13oz jeans, golden Buffalo handmade moccasins and a 90s era vanson fully broken in. Also it wouldn’t let me upload this the way I would like. If it’s sideways sorry! 2D8A14D1-5B14-4915-BA01-CD8409CD1848.jpeg

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
^cant wait til my Vanson is broken in like that. Let’s see, if thats a 90’s era i should be 70ish. Guess i should’ve bought on 20 years ago.

dannyk

One Too Many
^cant wait til my Vanson is broken in like that. Let’s see, if thats a 90’s era i should be 70ish. Guess i should’ve bought on 20 years ago.
Honestly so comfy and the best “fitting” easy to wear jacket I own. But I can’t take any of the credit for breaking it in. Bought it this way. But I have a 2016 Chopper that needs tons of work. I’m 33 maybe when I’m 43 it will be a half the jacket this is.

Van88

New in Town
Yes, Please review the Laer as I don't believe the hype from the SOP guy.
definatly agree, he is passionate about what he is selling (SOP owner) but he said the same thing about Schott then same thing about the flat head he carrys and so on... not see alot of reviews out there on laer brand/quailty.
SOP are not trustworthy. They got someone fired out of sheer spite and pettiness. They are alsohorribly pushy salespeople.

Only thing I have against SOP is the owner contradiction against himself, he used to say schott was the best, then change it to the flat head then now it is laer... I’m sure if done right any jacket can be amazing but I wouldn’t take his words on it as it changes so frequently to what he have in stock lol.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
hello! I’m looking at laer myself from SOP. how is that jacket holding up? I’m saving for a motto perfecto style jacket at the moment and wasn’t sure if I should go laer or save some more and get the real mccoy j24

This is TFL so the answer is get both. But really, It’s difficult to compare the 2 since the RMC costs 3xs more. I will say the laer is great value. Made in LA. Incredibly soft steerhide and fits well off the rack. Since getting it I’ve ventured into horseside and heavy steerhide, and while I love all the texture/rolls/personality from the heavier hides, I love the offtherack fit of the laer. It’s like butter. Check out the SOP videos on YouTube for more data. Good luck.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
I’m no expert like many others here but I’m happy to post a review of the Laer when I can. In the meantime, I’ll say I’ve only had positive experiences will staff at SOP. They were cool dudes. I understand the “hypocrisy” argument since the owner is constantly promoting new leathers/vendors he stocks, but what small business owner doesn’t? I also believe anyone can have a bad experience with a shop no matter it’s reputation. As customers all we can do is our due diligence.

willyto

One Too Many
Thanks a lot! I do agree that overall, it's my best fitting jacket. I will look more into the risks of getting the sleeves shortened
Warm weather where you live is around the corner. I wouldn't do anything to the jacket just yet, wear it and when jacket season comes back again keep wearing it and see if it still bugs you, only then I would make a decission.

Also wear it around the house! The more you wear it the more confident will you be with your final decission.

I have my Himel intrepid which has longer sleeves than what I'm used to, at first I was like oh, no why, I've worn it a bit (Unfortunately it's already too warm for it...) and I feel that they aren't that long in reality.

Took it on my phone which is always to large. So emailed it to myself. Which has always worked before, but this time sideways. But my phone did yell at me that I’m out of space and I ignored it. Could have something to do with it. But I’m also lazy. So there that.
Just needed to be cropped to 4:3. This site will post 16:9 sideways.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Warm weather where you live is around the corner. I wouldn't do anything to the jacket just yet, wear it and when jacket season comes back again keep wearing it and see if it still bugs you, only then I would make a decission.

Also wear it around the house! The more you wear it the more confident will you be with your final decission.

I have my Himel intrepid which has longer sleeves than what I'm used to, at first I was like oh, no why, I've worn it a bit (Unfortunately it's already too warm for it...) and I feel that they aren't that long in reality.
Thanks that's great advice! I have been going back and forth about it. I don't think I minded the length until others pointed it out. I sctuactulijed the cuffed sleeves.

Van88

New in Town
This is TFL so the answer is get both. But really, It’s difficult to compare the 2 since the RMC costs 3xs more. I will say the laer is great value. Made in LA. Incredibly soft steerhide and fits well off the rack. Since getting it I’ve ventured into horseside and heavy steerhide, and while I love all the texture/rolls/personality from the heavier hides, I love the offtherack fit of the laer. It’s like butter. Check out the SOP videos on YouTube for more data. Good luck.
I appreciate your reply and I may have been over critical of the owner, I did reach out and buy from him before and he was quickly and informatively got back to me with answers. True beauty is in the eye of the beholder and same thing with taste. I think I will give it a shot because I love how you describe your wear experience. I am looking for something softer, leather wise that’s why laer come up, my wife hates my j100 and flat head because she said it looks good but just too hard when touched (lol). Can’t wait for your review!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Orvis/Vanson Ike in horsehide

2762827a3235811d36f5ac9aa871a544.jpg

You keep posting pictures of more and more jackets and they're all great. This Ike is particularly nice, great combination of beautiful horsehide and Vansons outstanding pattern making. Essentially an Aero-Vanson lovechild.

That JL from the other day is great too. I love their bison hide, as thick as you like and very soft and pliable. The color of yours is tobacco?

Jejupe

Practically Family
You keep posting pictures of more and more jackets and they're all great. This Ike is particularly nice, great combination of beautiful horsehide and Vansons outstanding pattern making. Essentially an Aero-Vanson lovechild.

That JL from the other day is great too. I love their bison hide, as thick as you like and very soft and pliable. The color of yours is tobacco?

Thanks for the compliments! Yes the JL is tobacco bison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk