Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Or get a partial refund, keep it, and wear the hell out of it @ton312
Thankfully that’s been taken care of. I’ll see what the repair cost looks like and make a decision from that. The jacket can never be sold/traded again in its current state so if the repair cost is too great I will just wear the piss out of it. Maybe all my jackets should come with a sale preventive “tag” like this.

I have some Leather Milk Healing Balm on its way. It is supposed to “heal” scratches. I’ll report soon. As for the cut- filler and sealer. Then dye it back.

Leather Milk is awesome for the shallow stuff. I really like it. The deeper gash would need flexifill or a binder then dye, as you state. If one takes time to apply, it works and hard to see. Lots of videos online.

Colin G

One Too Many
I don't think postage and a repair will be as bad as you think for cost. I'm sure Aero will make it look almost invisible.

You may have to just massage that panel a bit while you watch a movie or two. I had to do it with a Schott. A black one, and not cordovan, but I still had to wear in a panel on heavy horse hide and it worked out just fine.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My latest Thurston jacket turned up in their typical box but under the opening between the two front panels they had taped another full length layer of cardboard....I'm guessing to stop these sorts of accidents happening....I did think at the time it was a very smart precaution!!

@ton312 I'm curious what the seller said about it, did he do it accidentally when he first opened the box from you?

willyto

One Too Many
My latest Thurston jacket turned up in their typical box but under the opening between the two front panels they had taped another full length layer of cardboard....I'm guessing to stop these sorts of accidents happening....I did think at the time it was a very smart precaution!!

@ton312 I'm curious what the seller said about it, did he do it accidentally when he first opened the box from you?
That seems to be the first thing that comes to my mind.

That seems to be the first thing that comes to my mind.
I don’t think so. I use the same method as TB. Actually Johnson Leathers taught me that. I know he moved so I suspect it was in an unlabeled box and carelessly opened. Shit happens. Life goes on. He’s made amends with me as far as I’m concerned. I may still pursue a legit repair but I couldn’t wait. I used some flexible epoxy and shoe polish to fairly decent results. It will likely come undone at some point and need to be redone but for now, I can have my Saturday cocktails without feeling glum.
CB56F492-C683-4BAF-A31D-FBBA67B450AC.jpeg

Psant25

One Too Many
Live and learn I guess looks good to me. You know @ton312 If that jacket had a 6 inch full thickness cut across the front somewhere and you hand stitched it with some tiger thread I would still think it looked bad ass on you. And maybe more so lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ