Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jeo

One Too Many

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
18F out so the Cal gets his fur collar. Love this thing.

P1080326b.JPG

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I definitely needed to have it given that the jacket color is so wrong.

The Chinos are definitely more period-correct than the ones in the movie. AFAIK, those were slimmed down upon request of the actor. But that may well be one of the many legends surrounding that wonderful movie (As a German, I call it „The Great Capture“, of course…:)).

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
The Chinos are definitely more period-correct than the ones in the movie. AFAIK, those were slimmed down upon request of the actor. But that may well be one of the many legends surrounding that wonderful movie (As a German, I call it „The Great Capture“, of course…:)).
LOL, one of the best lines on here ever LOL.

I just rewatched it a few nights ago, maybe for the 50th time. Of course, now I'm armed with all this jacket knowledge. Wow what amazing pieces. The Irvings, the B3s, think I saw a B6 or D1. Obviously a lot of chore coats and of course the famous Hilt A2.

I've been on a hunt to find a sweatshirt like he wears. I know Real McCoys, Toy McCoys and even maybe Bronson put out repros. But they're hard to find or just plain crazy expensive for a cotton sweatshirt. It's funny because the color changes through out the movie. It's closer to a dark powder blue in the beginning and then becomes more grayish blue towards the end. I haven't found a perfect match with the collar and waist band but have gotten close a few times. The collar and waistband are wrong on this one, but the color got pretty close which was my bigger priority:

20211106_190854-jpg.376404

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
If you like Iron Heart, wait until you try makers like Ooe Yofukuten who have even better construction.

I forgot to share these from Halloween. This was my take on a character from one of my favorite movies. My version isn't perfect especially regarding colors and the boots, but I think I did alright given what I had. I love this Rainbow Country A2 even if it's not exactly an accurate repro ;)
xF6YgAk.jpg

BWvZC1O.jpg

I do like the IH especially the cargo pants they make and I ended up buying the olive and indigo x black version of it. I saw SxS offering trousers for preorder but I was too late for it but I'll definitely try one out. I recently got an olive FW lumber jack trousers and was blown away by how nicely it's made, made me place an order for a dark beige aviator trousers in cotton kersey from Klamp kayo.

A2 jackets can be so nice if it's properly sized and that color is just special.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I got woken up quite early with news of a possible tsunami all the way from Tonga. So, I went down to the beach to look around, didn't see any big waves and decided to go for a 1/2 mile sunrise swim.
By the time I made it back up the hill, there was this 50s cream puff Mcgreggor at my front door from Indiana. Nice Island goatskin. Thanks T.
IMG_5481.jpeg
IMG_5484.jpeg
IMG_5509.JPG
IMG_5499.JPG
IMG_5519.JPG
IMG_5527.JPG
IMG_5538.JPG
IMG_5543.JPG

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That's what I've heard too. I don't know if it's true. I'm not a great comparison because I'm rather short. If his were, he didn't slim them down all that much.
I do like the IH especially the cargo pants they make and I ended up buying the olive and indigo x black version of it. I saw SxS offering trousers for preorder but I was too late for it but I'll definitely try one out. I recently got an olive FW lumber jack trousers and was blown away by how nicely it's made, made me place an order for a dark beige aviator trousers in cotton kersey from Klamp kayo.

A2 jackets can be so nice if it's properly sized and that color is just special.
Oh yeah Iron Heart does make solid products for sure. I just want people to know that there is technically more intricate stuff out there. Too many people get to Iron Heart and think it's the best just because it's heavy and well made and then never explore the small family run and one man shops out there. I'm not saying you're doing that, but so many people do actually do that, I feel obliged to always point out other makers.

Freewheelers is one of my favorite brands. Ooe is even more special in terms of cotton garments IMO. Lots of other great one man and small trouser/denim brands like Denim Bridge, Double Volante, Grease Point Workwear, Twerd Mfg, Blue Route, etc.

Last edited:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
That's what I've heard too. I don't know if it's true. I'm not a great comparison because I'm rather short. If his were, he didn't slim them down all that much.

Oh yeah Iron Heart does make solid products for sure. I just want people to know that there is technically more intricate stuff out there. Too many people get to Iron Heart and think it's the best just because it's heavy and well made and then never explore the small family run and one man shops out there. I'm not saying you're doing that, but so many people do actually do that, I feel obliged to always point out other makers.

Freewheelers is one of my favorite brands. Ooe is even more special in terms of cotton garments IMO. Lots of other great one man and small trouser/denim brands like Denim Bridge, Double Volante, Grease Point Workwear, Twerd Mfg, Blue Route, etc.
great point, I'm cool with their double knee pants and cargo pants for now but I'll try one of their 777 at one point too. I appreciate tbe heavy weight denim/trouser but not too fixated on it since I won't be able to wear that during certain times of the year so having options with varied fabrics/weights seem to be a better proposition

I've been liking military style pants so i tried out FW stuff but also noticed a lot of what they offer reminds me of your preference towards the rail road worker style. is it me or does Ooe only make small batches at a time? seems harder to come by. I saw the grease point outfit before, if the double knee im having custom made don't work out then I might go to them instead but will look into those other smaller family owned operation you mentioned. I recently got a few of Kerbside (Singapore) items and I think they look nice and fits great too. @navetsea recommended warp weft (indonesia) and I'm waiting on an indigo x black slim tapered denim from them.

matchankh

One of the Regulars
If you like Iron Heart, wait until you try makers like Ooe Yofukuten who have even better construction.

I forgot to share these from Halloween. This was my take on a character from one of my favorite movies. My version isn't perfect especially regarding colors and the boots, but I think I did alright given what I had. I love this Rainbow Country A2 even if it's not exactly an accurate repro ;)
xF6YgAk.jpg

BWvZC1O.jpg

I have always been very interested in stuff from Ooe Yofukuten. I think I have a similar build and preference on jeans as you do. Waist around 31-32”, thigh at least 13.2” leg opening around 9”. and your Ooe look like they fit perfectly. May I ask what’s the best way to purchase them and how do you keep track at their drops?

Jeans with big enough thigh and small enough waist are so difficult to find. The pair I wear most right now are freewheelers s601xx (1944-45) however the leg opening is a little small. Full count 0105 and at last co lot 161 are ok too but each have their own problems.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
great point, I'm cool with their double knee pants and cargo pants for now but I'll try one of their 777 at one point too. I appreciate tbe heavy weight denim/trouser but not too fixated on it since I won't be able to wear that during certain times of the year so having options with varied fabrics/weights seem to be a better proposition

I've been liking military style pants so i tried out FW stuff but also noticed a lot of what they offer reminds me of your preference towards the rail road worker style. is it me or does Ooe only make small batches at a time? seems harder to come by. I saw the grease point outfit before, if the double knee im having custom made don't work out then I might go to them instead but will look into those other smaller family owned operation you mentioned. I recently got a few of Kerbside (Singapore) items and I think they look nice and fits great too. @navetsea recommended warp weft (indonesia) and I'm waiting on an indigo x black slim tapered denim from them.
Ooe does make in batches. It's still not usually too hard to get a pair from them. I've never missed out on something I wanted from them. Grease Point is amazing. They're way tougher than iron heart because of the way they're built even if the fabrics are lighter (heavier fabrics are not actually much if any more durable in terms of wearing them as jeans/trousers)
I have always been very interested in stuff from Ooe Yofukuten. I think I have a similar build and preference on jeans as you do. Waist around 31-32”, thigh at least 13.2” leg opening around 9”. and your Ooe look like they fit perfectly. May I ask what’s the best way to purchase them and how do you keep track at their drops?

Jeans with big enough thigh and small enough waist are so difficult to find. The pair I wear most right now are freewheelers s601xx (1944-45) however the leg opening is a little small. Full count 0105 and at last co lot 161 are ok too but each have their own problems.

Freewheelers and At Last are awesome too. Best way to get Ooe is follow standard and strange as well as Barnstormer Gotemba. When Barnstormer is going to do a release, dm them on ig. Standard and strange you either do a pre-order or just buy them when they release.

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
Thank you.
This is a copy of the discontinued Cafe Racer from Jean Shop NYC.
Black premium goat and instead of quilted lining a heavy cotton drill.
Made by 5*

Awesome jacket. I've wanted one of those Jean Shop jackets ever since I saw Theroux in one but they're impossible to find.

Is this their stock slim fit goat racer from their site or did you spec it out to be more custom?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ