Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Viking752

Practically Family
54 degrees and sunny. Great day in Cleveland, Ohio. Oiled up my JL and gave my new 25oz. IH888 jeans a go. What a great combo for cold weather rides. I'm sure they will perform well under terrible conditions. The JL just works great in the cold. The extra inch on the 888s makes all the difference over the 634s in the cold. Plus the tighter/stiffer weave really cuts the wind down.

View attachment 456338 View attachment 456339
Bad ass Johnson

Kalmer

One of the Regulars
54 degrees and sunny. Great day in Cleveland, Ohio. Oiled up my JL and gave my new 25oz. IH888 jeans a go. What a great combo for cold weather rides. I'm sure they will perform well under terrible conditions. The JL just works great in the cold. The extra inch on the 888s makes all the difference over the 634s in the cold. Plus the tighter/stiffer weave really cuts the wind down.

Nice looking JL! By any chance we could have a better view of the front & back of the jacket?

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
Dark Green Hooch Hauler to rep the green and orange of the homecoming game tonight.
7B5CA9AA-6B8B-4EEB-BC17-1359C8DE7B95.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Nice jacket. I‘m gonna check out IH. Thats serious jeans!

roadking04

Practically Family
^^ That is some SERIOUS denim!

Nice jacket. I‘m gonna check out IH. Thats serious jeans!

Thanks guys. I really like Iron Heart denim. I only have Bravestar denim to compare too. It is night and day when comparing IH 21oz. and 25oz. Their signature 21 oz denim is like naked cowhide and their 25oz is more like Lost Worlds hh. They both make great choices for MC riding.

The 21oz could not stand on its own. They were pretty soft and easy to wear right out of the box. Makes for great summer riding jeans. Very breathable, lets in wind, and HOPEFULLY offer some protection in case of a slide. The 634 cut is a mid rise. On me, I have thick denim, a thick belt, and thicker leather jacket (Schott 618) all meeting around my midsection, sometimes pinching my belly overhang on the sides. lol.

The 25oz is very rigid and wind resistant from the start. I had to stretch out the button holes before I could even put them on. They break in very nicely though, don't be scared. The 888 cut is a higher rise jean with a tapered leg opening. Works much better in cold weather. More wind is shut out. My JL goes over the jeans by over an inch, so no issues there. Smaller leg openings help keep more wind out.

I think I prefer the 888s over the 634s when it comes to motorcycle use. I might try and save up for some 888s in the signature 21oz denim next.

I only have a few Bravestar jeans to compare too. The Bravestars are 21oz also, but completely different. They stood up on their own. Extremely stiff at first, left purple marks on the back of my knees during break in. lol. Might be fair to compare to 5 star CXL. lol. After break in, Bravestars become more wearable. Great "beginner" denim.

roadking04

Practically Family
Bad ass Johnson

Nice looking JL! By any chance we could have a better view of the front & back of the jacket?
Thanks guys. The Johnson M500 block makes for a GREAT motorcycle jacket. I have had Vanson and Langlitz, and JL is a Step up because you can choose your options and leather, just my opinion.

@Kalmer, these are some older pics. Still waiting for the sun to come up over here.

20220129_122033[1].jpg
20220129_122100[1].jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ