Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

barnabus

One Too Many
And a special O/T mention for my Triumph Stoke boots. As I've said before, I believe Everything Is For Everyday and these boots are CE 2/2/1 for riding, but also after weeks of relentless bloodstains-on-the-lining agony they overnight suddenly broke in and became comfortable enough to walk in for miles. So now they're the boots I grab every time, for everything.

Doesn't hurt that they look cool and all.

IMG_20221203_123318024_HDR.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I'm out in my old Barbour International today. This has been my default jacket for over a decade and I love it.

It feels like it's part of me and every time I wear it I feel a pang of disappointment that there have been days when I haven't worn it.

It is endlessly versatile. Because you can wear it open, or with the belt fastened around the back to trim the fit how it's needed. So it works over just a t shirt on a chilly summer evening, or a thick sweater for a December hike like today. Or over a Kevlar shirt when I had the motorcycle crash that left me broken in hospital.

We've got history, me and this Barbour. Our stories are intertwined.

View attachment 469810
It is always great to hear a personal story behind a jacket. Looks like a waxed fabric. Did you ever re-wax it? I recently re-waxed my old Gustin field jacket and started wearing it every day, lol.

barnabus

One Too Many
It is always great to hear a personal story behind a jacket. Looks like a waxed fabric. Did you ever re-wax it? I recently re-waxed my old Gustin field jacket and started wearing it every day, lol.

Yes, it's 8oz waxed cotton. I had it rewaxed by Barbour* but that was a couple of years ago now so it's due another go.

*Patched and rewaxed actually, after it got ripped in the crash. They made it good as new. Better, actually, as the repairs mean something.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I'm out in my old Barbour International today. This has been my default jacket for over a decade and I love it.

It feels like it's part of me and every time I wear it I feel a pang of disappointment that there have been days when I haven't worn it.

It is endlessly versatile. Because you can wear it open, or with the belt fastened around the back to trim the fit how it's needed. So it works over just a t shirt on a chilly summer evening, or a thick sweater for a December hike like today. Or over a Kevlar shirt when I had the motorcycle crash that left me broken in hospital.

We've got history, me and this Barbour. Our stories are intertwined.

View attachment 469810

I like that passion towards your special jacket! With a history like yours, this one will never be out of fashion or even remotely uncool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko