Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mr.Leong

Familiar Face
Beautiful jacket man, I'm a fan of the standard J-100 as well, but the padding really adds something special. One day I will visit Osaka. Mr Ryo looks like a cool guy.
I’ll show other RMC jackets I saw that day on a separate post. I was gonna get the regular J-100, but yea the padding does make it look more special and I like it a lot more personally. The RMC store in Osaka did not disappoint, they carried almost everything you could find on their catalogue. It was like an all-you-can-try buffet. It’s insane.

Last edited:

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
28D65FCF-3AD9-4306-B1C8-E51FF3C5F57D.jpeg

My OG. 1984 LL Bean Flight Jacket. With LW replacement wool cuffs and waist. It’s 38 years old, and worn an incredible amount. Rain, snow, jungle heat. Still squeaky as hell and virtually no patina. On its fourth zipper. Maybe for it’s 40th I’ll get it a Crown.

fred askew

New in Town
I had this jacket but had to alter it for the sleeves to work! Your example is stunning. Mine did not have the patch but you can see it’s ghost. You’ve got yourself a very, very rare jacket. I’m curious as to what size it is…

mine is probably a 38/40. Measures, approx. Shoulders: 17.5. Chest: 20. Sleeve: 22.5 Length: 23

barnabus

One Too Many
You know that thing that happens in the Lounge, where a style of jacket you've never really thought about seems to percolate to the top, and then suddenly you find you really want one too?

Well recently it's been car coats. And I think that might be @Marc mndt 's fault for having a brilliant one.

Anyway. It's cold outside and there's shearling going on, and combined with suddenly noticing car coats, today this has happened.

It's nothing too special or even interesting. It's a no-money cowhide thing from Gap in a horrible 90s-esque pre-distressed finish. If it fit* (which I think it does), the plan is to sort out some shonky button holes and re-dye it. Although ostensibly it's "distressed brown", I'd dye it black I think.

I think it could look really good. It does NOT look really good now. Unless you're going to a millennium party 22 years ago.

Anyway. None of that matters because it cost such a pittance that it's literally disposable, and if it doesn't work I'll throw it away/back on eBay.

I know this isn't by a "maker", and it's not vintage (unless 20 years is vintage), but I always like to read about when someone's made something out of nothing, and I hope that might happen here.

IMG_20221210_131357663.jpg

IMG_20221210_131514451_HDR.jpg

*I wasn't sure if it would fit because sizing is always a bit of a lottery with Gap. They oversize something crazy, and this jacket is two sizes down from what I'd normally expect.

Pandemic

One Too Many
You know that thing that happens in the Lounge, where a style of jacket you've never really thought about seems to percolate to the top, and then suddenly you find you really want one too?

Well recently it's been car coats. And I think that might be @Marc mndt 's fault for having a brilliant one.

Anyway. It's cold outside and there's shearling going on, and combined with suddenly noticing car coats, today this has happened.

It's nothing too special or even interesting. It's a no-money cowhide thing from Gap in a horrible 90s-esque pre-distressed finish. If it fit* (which I think it does), the plan is to sort out some shonky button holes and re-dye it. Although ostensibly it's "distressed brown", I'd dye it black I think.

I think it could look really good. It does NOT look really good now. Unless you're going to a millennium party 22 years ago.

Anyway. None of that matters because it cost such a pittance that it's literally disposable, and if it doesn't work I'll throw it away/back on eBay.

I know this isn't by a "maker", and it's not vintage (unless 20 years is vintage), but I always like to read about when someone's made something out of nothing, and I hope that might happen here.

View attachment 471550

View attachment 471551

*I wasn't sure if it would fit because sizing is always a bit of a lottery with Gap. They oversize something crazy, and this jacket is two sizes down from what I'd normally expect.

Awesome project base!! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

barnabus

One Too Many
probably doesn't match your blue jeans, probably ablack jeans, or charcoal, or even sand tone pants would work better

Completely agree, but it's so cold here in the UK this weekend (minuses as far as the eye can see) that this morning I dug out my 21oz Unbrandeds to stay a bit warmer. And I just threw the jacket on to try the fit as soon as it arrived.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 471550

View attachment 471551

I think it looks great, those sleeve rolls are not something you see on just your average 90s jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ