Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Observe

One Too Many
^ I like the way the back panel starts to crease, that gaping open pocket welts also looking nice and lived in, nice collar too, only that cuff tab seems too close to the edge for that kind of cuff adjuster
Agreed, I've only ever seen this type of adjuster further up the sleeve.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Wearing the premier highwayman.

dUk4oTN.jpg

some progress on the RMC J100

iwaRB0j.jpg
Your pupils seem a bit dilated - maybe some eyedrops might help. However, the jacket fits perfectly and is becoming more seasoned with each wear. LOOKING Good!

Whitters

One of the Regulars
The fun continues...

RMCNZ D1

l would like to thank Marc mndt for his advice regarding urad. I bought a tub for another jacket that I have always thought was a little flat. It worked a treat. I then plucked up the courage to use it on the D1, incredible results. The jacket is approx 25 years old, this stuff has brought new life into it . Thanks

SmartSelect_20221230_165834_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
1200 but yessir, weather permitting. Why buy workwear without putting it to work is my thought

Only it is not workwear. It’s fashion inspired by what workwear looked like a century ago. A lot of people try to fool themselves that they aren’t buying and selling fashion items, but “workwear”. But let’s be real here.
You are of course free to use your expensive fashion jackets in any setting you wish but if I were to do manual labour in a dirty environment I would use actual workwear, something like this:

801DB25B-E7BB-4B6E-8CD0-B42C4882E8FA.jpeg

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Couldn’t disagree but more but hey, that’s what opinions are for, right? Surely this jacket can function as ‘workwear’, because that’s what it was designed and intended for. It doesn’t need to be vintage to be workwear. Would you make the same statement if this was made by say, Carhartt or Iron Heart?

Yes, I also wear my high visibility when needed. In fact, I need to wear it now, gotta go empty the dumpsters in the landfill.

A3C92DA8-36EA-46BD-B449-69F792BD7D20.jpeg

Btw, they’re terrible jackets that really only have the function of being obvious.

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
The fun continues...

RMCNZ D1

l would like to thank Marc mndt for his advice regarding urad. I bought a tub for another jacket that I have always thought was a little flat. It worked a treat. I then plucked up the courage to use it on the D1, incredible results. The jacket is approx 25 years old, this stuff has brought new life into it . Thanks

View attachment 476972
Something special about RMC sheepskin, in particular RMCNZ, beautiful jacket. Looking great man!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Couldn’t disagree but more but hey, that’s what opinions are for, right? Surely this jacket can function as ‘workwear’, because that’s what it was designed and intended for. It doesn’t need to be vintage to be workwear. Would you make the same statement if this was made by say, Carhartt or Iron Heart?

Yes, I also wear my high visibility when needed. In fact, I need to wear it now, gotta go empty the dumpsters in the landfill.

View attachment 476982

Btw, they’re terrible jackets that really only have the function of being obvious.
I always say that if a leather jacket can't take it, it shouldn't have been a leather jacket.
I am thus in the team "do with it what you want, but do not babying it".

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 476982

Hey, it’s a really nice jacket and I was just a bit shocked that you would subject it to the potential of damage like that. But certainly only my opinion.
You have a different one and that’s alright, it’s your jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner