Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jack_Knife_Ben

New in Town
Rocking my new favorite today! Thedi Hektor crosszip in Cuoio buffalo. I ended up with this one courtesy of the rabbit hole that is this forum. I used to think I knew a thing or two about jackets, but that was before I came here!
20230104_172346.jpg

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Unknown maker jacket today. I’ve been waiting patiently for this one to come back from alterations.. It received a new flannel lining and got some stitching repaired. I’m generally a black jacket kinda guy, but I’ve been chasing a brown jacket that “works” for a long time. Been though several, but never seem to choose just the right one. Well, this one chose me and I feel like it happens to be the one. Thank you to @ton312 for sending this one over to me out of nowhere! My other brown jackets are in serious danger of being moved on, as this is the one that will see the wear.
F9BAD894-0393-45D0-A626-3309892868EE.jpeg
24AA6FF3-CB47-4A16-8D60-4B21B3EFECD9.jpeg
07CB3E4D-E2E7-42A8-9995-5FF2BCA3C21C.jpeg

Unknown maker jacket today. I’ve been waiting patiently for this one to come back from alterations.. It received a new flannel lining and got some stitching repaired. I’m generally a black jacket kinda guy, but I’ve been chasing a brown jacket that “works” for a long time. Been though several, but never seem to choose just the right one. Well, this one chose me and I feel like it happens to be the one. Thank you to @ton312 for sending this one over to me out of nowhere! My other brown jackets are in serious danger of being moved on, as this is the one that will see the wear. View attachment 479356 View attachment 479357 View attachment 479358
Duuuuuude! SUPERB!!! Perfect fit and the repairs are sooo good! Nice!

Fonzie

One Too Many
That looks fantastic, well done.
Unknown maker jacket today. I’ve been waiting patiently for this one to come back from alterations.. It received a new flannel lining and got some stitching repaired. I’m generally a black jacket kinda guy, but I’ve been chasing a brown jacket that “works” for a long time. Been though several, but never seem to choose just the right one. Well, this one chose me and I feel like it happens to be the one. Thank you to @ton312 for sending this one over to me out of nowhere! My other brown jackets are in serious danger of being moved on, as this is the one that will see the wear. View attachment 479356 View attachment 479357 View attachment 479358

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
perfect fit and perfect drape

Don in Indiana USA

New in Town
Wherever you are, enjoy a great sunny ride.
This jacket's beauty lies in its warm and subdued but high quality leather and in its clean lines and understated simplicity. The length is just right for your build and it drapes well off your shoulders both back and front. Looks like a great match of garment and owner! Enjoy.

Last edited:
Wherever you are, enjoy a great sunny ri

This jacket's beauty lies in its warm and subdued but high quality leather and in its clean lines and understated simplicity. The length is just right for your build and it drapes well off your shoulders both back and front. Looks like a great match of garment and owner! Enjoy.

Thank you. And I did. Quick 100 miles in the Hills outside of Austin. Sunny and cool. Perfect.

It’s beautiful

Yeah, LW is my favorite maker. By far. IMO they are as functional as Vanson and Bates, as beautifully stitched and put together as Thedi and FW, and as visually appealing as anything else out there. I’ve seen you in the elements with your LW. Like yours mine have been in snow, torrential tropical rains, miles and miles of wind, sun, bug spatter and, grit and rocks peppering them on the bike. This J23 even took a kung fu kick from Bambi that sent me onto the pavement. Both I and the jacket were good to go. I really should just focus on buying more LWs.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Yeah, LW is my favorite maker. By far. IMO they are as functional as Vanson and Bates, as beautifully stitched and put together as Thedi and FW, and as visually appealing as anything else out there. I’ve seen you in the elements with your LW. Like yours mine have been in snow, torrential tropical rains, miles and miles of wind, sun, bug spatter and, grit and rocks peppering them on the bike. This J23 even took a kung fu kick from Bambi that sent me onto the pavement. Both I and the jacket were good to go. I really should just focus on buying more LWs.
I coveted the Suburban for years and finally pulled the trigger to reward myself for a long awaited personal achievement.
Compared to some others on this forum my collection is very small, but all of my jackets are new to me and what was probably the last missing piece was a LW black HH jacket. I have two other LW jackets. A black Buffalo Downtown that I bought new in 2001 as a discontinued sale item, and a russet HH “commercial flight jacket” which I bought in 2006 as a sale item. Both are amazing. The Suburban was very likely my last leather jacket, although my wife told me I need a shearling … so who am I to argue?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner