Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Screenshot_20230109_134549_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230109_134627_Gallery.jpg
No leather today

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
891633A6-83EA-4095-9BF8-F0E6E63D5475.jpeg

Stormy day, trees falling down all over the place and needless to say, no leather. But this Runabout Goods over IH shirt-jacket and SDA sweatshirt do a decent job of keeping me dry and comfortable. That Badalassi @MrProper is making me rethink my life choices though, incredible fit and supple looking hide!

TLW '90

Practically Family
The suns out today so I'm wearing the pioneer wear trucker again, I also wore it on my birthday Friday but was too busy to snap a picture.
20230109_120620.jpg

This jacket over a Henley and commando sweater make a great warm yet still comfortable and flexible combination.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
The suns out today so I'm wearing the pioneer wear trucker again, I also wore it on my birthday Friday but was too busy to snap a picture.
View attachment 479557

This jacket over a Henley and commando sweater make a great warm yet still comfortable and flexible combination.
The more I see it, the more I like it. Butterly collar and white stitching is great imo

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
View attachment 479537
Stormy day, trees falling down all over the place and needless to say, no leather. But this Runabout Goods over IH shirt-jacket and SDA sweatshirt do a decent job of keeping me dry and comfortable. That Badalassi @MrProper is making me rethink my life choices though, incredible fit and supple looking hide!
Love that jacket. Went straight to their website and then had to restrain myself.

TLW '90

Practically Family
The more I see it, the more I like it. Butterly collar and white stitching is great imo
The white stitching definitely sets the jacket apart and adds a subtle pop.

Most of their jackets I've seen online are kind of gaudy overly 70's looking pieces, but then there's a few that are just absolute stunners.
They all have some similarities to my jacket too, so I'm betting they had a particular designer who just didn't last long with them for some reason.
Whoever they were, they had a real gift.

Don in Indiana USA

New in Town
Today was a bit warmer where I live so I didn't have to layer. The jacket du jour was my Vanson Hardcore 44, which gets a lot of wear not only because I like its style (though the oversize sleeve zippers are a bit overwrought), old-style CW steerhide, and waist adjustability for weight changes, but because its left-side leather-lined gun pocket also fits an iPad Mini just nicely. In case anyone notices and wonders, I've tied off the side laces at the top rather than at the bottom because that way they don't hang down and catch unexpectedly on door knobs so easily(!) At the time of this posting I'm enduring a low-grade /long-term toothache, but the seemingly grim expression on my face actually has more to do with aging and the cost of most everything these days. In that respect alone, quality/long-lasting
F624D56C-5CE9-48FC-BCC2-90237FAE6E14.jpeg
1A5E98E0-F3E6-4298-8F6B-B43CE0685E47.jpeg
3DC6FB9D-EDC4-49BD-8903-966BDBCB7EFA.jpeg
92CBEB93-3FB5-4614-A3D4-01A880B0DC2D.jpeg
A55C000B-B99C-4930-84EE-F30073E44BA9.jpeg
B8654F46-FA58-45D9-B4B9-2F58C10504A9.jpeg
leather purchased in the past remains a good investment.

Today was a bit warmer where I live so I didn't have to layer. The jacket du jour was my Vanson Hardcore 44, which gets a lot of wear not only because I like its style (though the oversize sleeve zippers are a bit overwrought), old-style CW steerhide, and waist adjustability for weight changes, but because its left-side leather-lined gun pocket also fits an iPad Mini just nicely. In case anyone notices and wonders, I've tied off the side laces at the top rather than at the bottom because that way they don't hang down and catch unexpectedly on door knobs so easily(!) At the time of this posting I'm enduring a low-grade /long-term toothache, but the seemingly grim expression on my face actually has more to do with aging and the cost of most everything these days. In that respect alone, quality/long-lasting View attachment 479575 View attachment 479576 View attachment 479577 View attachment 479578 View attachment 479579 View attachment 479580 leather purchased in the past remains a good investment.

I hope you understand and appreciate what a good jacket you got there and how good you look in it. This kinda thing ain't happening all too often, rarely ever to me so yeah, that was a good investment.

Today was a bit warmer where I live so I didn't have to layer. The jacket du jour was my Vanson Hardcore 44, which gets a lot of wear not only because I like its style (though the oversize sleeve zippers are a bit overwrought), old-style CW steerhide, and waist adjustability for weight changes, but because its left-side leather-lined gun pocket also fits an iPad Mini just nicely. In case anyone notices and wonders, I've tied off the side laces at the top rather than at the bottom because that way they don't hang down and catch unexpectedly on door knobs so easily(!) At the time of this posting I'm enduring a low-grade /long-term toothache, but the seemingly grim expression on my face actually has more to do with aging and the cost of most everything these days. In that respect alone, quality/long-lasting View attachment 479575 View attachment 479576 View attachment 479577 View attachment 479578 View attachment 479579 View attachment 479580 leather purchased in the past remains a good investment.

I used to own a Hardcore. It truly is a hardcore riding jacket. The fit on you is the best I have seen for this jacket. Looks awesome. Enjoy the ride!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner