Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Seems like many loungers are getting a taste of spring. No different in Chicago. It just has that look. As do I, for the postman, who will be delivering my 4th failed attempt at a vintage square pocket HB today. Why I even bother I have no idea. I put on the Reg built and remember I don’t need anything else. In the back door:
C34CB18C-CA96-45D5-9BD1-C0C33504EFDC.jpeg

Out the front:
E981BD39-AFB2-49FF-B5F7-AB2F08030C10.jpeg

No mail yet. So I can cling to hope a little longer. LOL.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Seems like many loungers are getting a taste of spring. No different in Chicago. It just has that look. As do I, for the postman, who will be delivering my 4th failed attempt at a vintage square pocket HB today. Why I even bother I have no idea. I put on the Reg built and remember I don’t need anything else. In the back door:
View attachment 488477
Out the front:
View attachment 488476
No mail yet. So I can cling to hope a little longer. LOL.
Yeh that's very nice. What kind of hide is that? Does this mean you're going to sell it soon?

ZeroDelta

New in Town
Very nice, great fit. 5* makes great jackets at right prices!
The price was right on this jacket! It was my first one from five star. There are a few things I would change. The arms are about an inch too long as is the over all length. I should have asked if the had bigger zippers as well. I also should have specified an arm opening measurement. Other than that I am thrilled with the jacket. I have read some horror stories about there old HH but the new stuff seems really great.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I don’t ride motorcycles. How could I possibly wear a cross zip without feeling I was doing a cosplay?
The Oxford cloth button down was originally created for polo players to have a robust shirt with a collar that would stay in place during play. And yet its use has spread so far beyond the niche as to become ubiquitous

You don’t need to ride a motorcycle to wear a crosszip. Or be in the navy to wear an N1 deck jacket or peacoat. And so on. But if the style feels inauthentic for you to wear, then don’t!

barnabus

One Too Many
I don’t ride motorcycles. How could I possibly wear a cross zip without feeling I was doing a cosplay?

The Oxford cloth button down was originally created for polo players to have a robust shirt with a collar that would stay in place during play. And yet its use has spread so far beyond the niche as to become ubiquitous

You don’t need to ride a motorcycle to wear a crosszip. Or be in the navy to wear an N1 deck jacket or peacoat. And so on. But if the style feels inauthentic for you to wear, then don’t!

Absolutely!

I don't suppose all the people I see wearing trainers or tracksuit trousers are doing sport. And I don't suppose anyone wearing a parka is on cold-weather military operations.

But you wear what you feel comfortable wearing. If a cross zip makes you feel nervous, you don't have to try it.

Alternatively, just get a motorcycle and then you can wear all the cross zips you want with total impunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner