Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This is why I come here with questions. Best place to find enablers
Saved an eBay search, now it’s just a waiting game.
Hats…did i hear hats??
J is right. Ebay.
But, search “vintage Stetson Open Road”. Weeds out the lesser quality ORs meaning modern ones from 70s to current which don’t deserve the fine jackets, etc you have.
The OR is a fine starter “Western” hat, know as the gentleman's western. Not a full blown cowboy hat. Look for Royal Deluxe vs Royal and the more Xs the better.
Vintage 50-60s 3X ORs are wonderful and affordable.
Other than that i don’t know s**t about hats. Lol
B
Ps: if you see one and want to know about it, dm me anytime and i’ll be happy to let you know what you have.
Good luck!

JB1

Familiar Face
Wearing lightweight naked cowhide from The Cast

IMG_0983(1).jpg
20230420_100947.jpg

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Man that jacket continues to fit you better and better as time goes on. It looks like it's been yours forever. Kind of hard to think of another jacket that would be better really. I think you ought to get caught out in the rain a few times maybe, but other than that it's a bespoke fit.

I am a cheap-ass, too. My favorite jacket is sub-$99, and that makes me really happy, lol. These jeans are Cone Mills Levi's for $30, used. The belt I made myself. Long live cheapskates!

View attachment 510385

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Man that jacket continues to fit you better and better as time goes on. It looks like it's been yours forever. Kind of hard to think of another jacket that would be better really. I think you ought to get caught out in the rain a few times maybe, but other than that it's a bespoke fit.
Thanks. That fit came after, oh, I don't know, twenty tries of various vintage jackets? I am vintage 38 size, but even within that size there are variations. Keeper for sure, as long as I keep the weight steady. And no layering with this one. A classic "looks great but can't layer" conundrum. Very comfortable though, a testimony to Cal's patterns.

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
My sen
Thanks. That fit came after, oh, I don't know, twenty tries of various vintage jackets? I am vintage 38 size, but even within that size there are variations. Keeper for sure, as long as I keep the weight steady. And no layering with this one. A classic "looks great but can't layer" conundrum. Very comfortable though, a testimony to Cal's patterns.
My sense with my limited experience with Cals is that you want a snug fit or be left feeling like your wearing a box.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Hats…did i hear hats??
J is right. Ebay.
But, search “vintage Stetson Open Road”. Weeds out the lesser quality ORs meaning modern ones from 70s to current which don’t deserve the fine jackets, etc you have.
The OR is a fine starter “Western” hat, know as the gentleman's western. Not a full blown cowboy hat. Look for Royal Deluxe vs Royal and the more Xs the better.
Vintage 50-60s 3X ORs are wonderful and affordable.
Other than that i don’t know s**t about hats. Lol
B
Ps: if you see one and want to know about it, dm me anytime and i’ll be happy to let you know what you have.
Good luck!

Thank you so much, I’m sure I’ll reach out with a bunch of questions. I’m a complete hat noob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael