Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
Vanson Enfield
1683310586081.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thank you!
Outstanding

Good eye catching the thumb. I do a bit of strumming and picking but only on the four strings of the...ukulele! I got a good wife and two kids so my rock star days are behind me. I picked up the uke because it's a bit more little kid friendly and has a lower cost of entry, which leaves more disposable income for the vices of this forum. That being said, I'm about 20 months in on a build queue for a custom luthier made uke, and I've already bought four others in the interim. If I'm lucky I might get it yet this year. If it's good enough for George Harrison and Eddie Vedder that's some pretty good company. So yeah, these days I'm rocking the suburbs like Ben Folds.
That whole damn fit is absolutely money... stage worthy, and by your long right thumbnail, I'm guessing you play guitar. That jacket is perfect!

Probably just blew my Instagram cred with my uke comment above, but alas, I don't do IG. Facebook is enough for me and that's really only to keep in contact with old university friends and family. But I definitely appreciate the kind words!
Now this should go on IG. Quality stuff.

If there's ever a Chicago meetup you can rock your Vanson F and I'll roll with this one.
Man that jacket just wins. I’ve been looking for something like that since I was in my 20’s. Outstanding!!!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Time to get a motorcycle Tom. There must be some amazing old Husqvarna bikes on offer in your neck of the woods.....

I have been thinking about it but as a father of two I’m not sure the risk/reward ratio is worth it to me.
I do love the old Husqvarna stuff though! Fun fact: my father grew up in Huskvarna (the city where Husqvarna was founded) and most of his family worked there. My grandfather was a turner at Husqvarna for 50 years.

dark wood

One of the Regulars
Waiting for cab to the airport while traveling in Italy last week - Aero Board Racer in Kewpie green horsehide. I listed this jacket on the classifieds after I bought it from the Aero showroom last year - felt a little too fussy for me - but I’m glad it didn’t sell. It’s my go-to traveling jacket now. The leather is light weight and tough…surprisingly comfortable to wear on a plane.
17FB9290-51B4-4738-9FE2-F26BB8DE017E.jpeg

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
I have been thinking about it but as a father of two I’m not sure the risk/reward ratio is worth it to me.
I do love the old Husqvarna stuff though! Fun fact: my father grew up in Huskvarna (the city where Husqvarna was founded) and most of his family worked there. My grandfather was a turner at Husqvarna for 50 years.

That's amazing! Kinda settles it no?

I have 2 kids too....I just ride my age. In fact it's one of the few escapes I get!

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Had my T-3 for about a week - breaking in nicely even though the fit is slightly big. I searched for some images of the Natural Vicenza after being exposed to sunlight - no luck other than a small thumbnail on TB. I reluctantly decided to give my jacket a bit of sun to help the color change along. Not much difference after an hour or so but the grain is really popping (not related to exposure). From what I understand it will take many hours of exposure and wear to really move the jacket along. Overall I'm quite content with the jacket and hope to have some fit pics in the near future.

Attachments

• T-3-sun1.jpg
    T-3-sun1.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 72
  • T-3-sun.jpg
    T-3-sun.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 78

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members