Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
IMG_4986.jpeg

From a trade with @Corky Corcovado. 70’s Levi. Despite being 40 years old the pile is still more plush than a new model. For you purists it also lacks handwarmers. Interestingly it is tagged a size 42. Just fits me in the waist. I am not a 42 in anything modern. 40 tops. My new Medium has much less taper.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I’ll be honest…. The chore coat has rapidly become my absolute favorite piece of outerwear. It’s been too warm for it most afternoons but these mornings have been in the 30’s and for walking the dog or doing any kind of yard work it’s an absolute dream. I’m fighting my instinct to ditch everything else and just buy this in every color. I’ve worn it every single morning since it arrived and it’s made my life easier. They may not be the sexiest jackets but man they are actually worth the dough. One of the few items I’ve actually felt that way about! I can do jumping jacks in this thing and the body doesn’t move and the sleeves don’t ride up even an 8th of an inch.
View attachment 557947

View attachment 557949
I am surprised those inept marketing departments from all those makers do not beat a path to your door begging you to model for them. This jacket looks like a sack of potatoes on their pictures; much less so on yours. Morons.

I am surprised those inept marketing departments from all those makers do not beat a path to your door begging you to model for them. This jacket looks like a sack of potatoes on their pictures; much less so on yours. Morons.
I think the style for the kids is WAY oversized. To me that actually defeats the purpose of a working jacket.

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
View attachment 557950
From a trade with @Corky Corcovado. 70’s Levi. Despite being 40 years old the pile is still more plush than a new model. For you purists it also lacks handwarmers. Interestingly it is tagged a size 42. Just fits me in the waist. I am not a 42 in anything modern. 40 tops. My new Medium has much less taper.
Looks great! Warm, cool pattern(taper) and superior to new stuff by far.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I’ll be honest…. The chore coat has rapidly become my absolute favorite piece of outerwear. It’s been too warm for it most afternoons but these mornings have been in the 30’s and for walking the dog or doing any kind of yard work it’s an absolute dream. I’m fighting my instinct to ditch everything else and just buy this in every color. I’ve worn it every single morning since it arrived and it’s made my life easier. They may not be the sexiest jackets but man they are actually worth the dough. One of the few items I’ve actually felt that way about! I can do jumping jacks in this thing and the body doesn’t move and the sleeves don’t ride up even an 8th of an inch.
View attachment 557947

View attachment 557949

There's more than a few reasons I own several Carhartt jackets, shirts, sweatshirts, etc... :)

ChrisDamned

Familiar Face
Today I'm wearing this fabulous mix between Aviator and motorcycle. Super patina, brown color which takes the light very well which reminds me of horse but no way to verify (and no HH label). Unrecognized model (hard label to read and no information on Schott forum) but I think from 1985 according to the barcode. Great fit. I love this jacket. And I love this emerald green liner

IMG_20231106_105232559.jpg

IMG_20231106_105334529.jpg

Last edited:

mumpy

A-List Customer
Ok guys, this is it.

I've always loved the cafe racer style and after many failed attempts with RMC and Aero, I found a jacket that finally fits.

Vanson Comet.

vanson.jpg

EDIT: Two emotions evoked when wearing the jacket for the first time:

1) I feel like I want to fall from a bike and try this out (maybe a bicycle :p)
2) I can comfortably sell half my wardrobe at this point.

Last edited:

leather.be

One of the Regulars
Grocery getting in the full IH fanboy uniform. On the fence on wabash pants. They feel like Chef pants a bit.

Grocery getting in the full IH fanboy uniform. On the fence on wabash pants. They feel like Chef pants a bit.
View attachment 557960
Great fitting stuff! I could see the pants looking even better with a leather jacket on top. I think I know what you mean regarding Wabash/stripes. Sometimes I feel like a cartoon character when I put on certain patterns. I'd rock those pants in a heartbeat though if I owned a pair.

Ok guys, this is it.

I've always loved the cafe racer style and after many failed attempts with RMC and Aero, I found a jacket that finally fits.

Vanson Comet.

View attachment 558182

That’s as good as the Comet gets. Any jacket really but the Comet isn’t easy to nail. You did.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Ok guys, this is it.

Vanson Comet.

View attachment 558182

All hail Vanson! Looks awesome :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo