Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
A crook lol. My brother used to say I look like a Panamanian drug runner with my long hair. My mom agreed and would laugh and laugh.
Hilarious J!!
Maybe a fun thread topic…

“What other’s have said about “Your” look”, hair, jackets, you name it.
B

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Warm(ish) day here in Germany so I took the project car out. Wearing a Buco J24 I got in May (that still smells vintage) that I've only worn outside twice. Trying out the looser fit that the youths wear ("How do you do, fellow kids?"). Didnt work out, not the silhouette I am going after.

>That feel when you will never know the feeling of being a teenager in 1974 and this is your last semester before being drafted to Vietnam so you grab your 50s Buco J24 that you got for like $50 from a second hand shop and pickup your high school sweetheart so you can make out in your Plymouth Duster.

Attachments

• J24.jpg
    J24.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 574502 View attachment 574503
Lewis Leathers Corsair in sheepskin after a coat of Pecards. I really like how this thing is aging, the grain is very nice.

This has aged to perfection.

I remember when you got it new many moons ago. I thought, why get this iconic piece in this colour. I thought it just HAD to be black. Now I rather think, why I didn´t get it in this colour too...yet.

konadog

Practically Family
This has aged to perfection.

I remember when you got it new many moons ago. I thought, why get this iconic piece in this colour. I thought it just HAD to be black. Now I rather think, why I didn´t get it in this colour too...yet.
I was looking at several Lewis leathers, colors, and styles at The Stronghold when I bought this jacket. The salesman said, "Trust me, for your style, you want a Corsair in light brown sheep. And you need a size 44 that I will have Lewis modify." He was wearing a turquoise Lightning and I didn't want to listen to him, but I did. Even when I received the jacket, I was unsure of the choice and fit. Five years later, I absolutely love the jacket and nothing else in my collection is as fine.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Rainy, windy and dreary day. Going for my daily walk with the stroller while the kid sleeps.
My "black outfit". As I only have 2 leather jackets at the moment.
This one that I wear with black boots.
And a brown Aero Hooch Hauler that I wear with brown boots.
Vanson Model B in Z150 leather / Unbranded Brand UB321 denim / Sendra 10604 engineer boots.
PXL_20231229_123859917.jpg PXL_20231229_123904586.jpg

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Man, love everything about this photo. The pattern on this HD looks identical, if not very, very similar to the new J-24?
The numbers are almost identical. It is definitely cut for a western dad bod. This is a 40. I could have fit a 38 but it would be snug zipped to the collar or with a thicker layer. It’s also definitely 1” too long. I’m trying to embrace the OTRness of it. If there were a 39 I‘d have gotten that. I had a 40 in the older cut j24. I out grew it. This should be big enough for life. Loving the shinki.

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
The numbers are almost identical. It is definitely cut for a western dad bod. This is a 40. I could have fit a 38 but it would be snug zipped to the collar or with a thicker layer. It’s also definitely 1” too long. I’m trying to embrace the OTRness of it. If there were a 39 I‘d have gotten that. I had a 40 in the older cut j24. I out grew it. This should be big enough for life. Loving the shinki.
Have to say, I much, much prefer these new McCoy's proportions, definitely a vintage cut, it's perfect. In fact I wasn't even that fussed about the J-24 - that is until I saw this latest iteration - about as close as I need to get to time travelling back and buying an original Buco off the shelf.

I think it fits you damn near perfect, any minor excess will mould itself away in short order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner