Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

The Shoe

One Too Many
Here we go with the same jacket, different hat again. This time it’s a Hornskov Emissary in black cherry.
IMG_1725.jpeg
But this time I am wearing another item that may be of interest to some. My birthday present was a pair of Oni Denim jeans. The guy that makes these is in his seventies. Apparently when it gets too cold in winter, he doesn’t work. Also when it gets too hot in summer. He’s the only one that knows how to use the vintage machinery, and there will be no one to take over once he calls it quits. The denim is pretty special - unlike any that I’ve come across before.
IMG_1726.jpeg

IMG_0489.jpeg
IMG_0490.jpeg

My wife also went for a leather jacket. Hers is a Paul Smith very soft sheep leather. The hat is a Maxim.
IMG_1702.jpeg

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Here we go with the same jacket, different hat again. This time it’s a Hornskov Emissary in black cherry.
View attachment 598871 But this time I am wearing another item that may be of interest to some. My birthday present was a pair of Oni Denim jeans. The guy that makes these is in his seventies. Apparently when it gets too cold in winter, he doesn’t work. Also when it gets too hot in summer. He’s the only one that knows how to use the vintage machinery, and there will be no one to take over once he calls it quits. The denim is pretty special - unlike any that I’ve come across before.
View attachment 598874
View attachment 598872 View attachment 598873
My wife also went for a leather jacket. Hers is a Paul Smith very soft sheep leather. The hat is a Maxim.
View attachment 598875
Love the jeans and label. Great outfits all around.

BigPond

Familiar Face
View attachment 598871 But this time I am wearing another item that may be of interest to some. My birthday present was a pair of Oni Denim jeans. The guy that makes these is in his seventies. Apparently when it gets too cold in winter, he doesn’t work. Also when it gets too hot in summer. He’s the only one that knows how to use the vintage machinery, and there will be no one to take over once he calls it quits. The denim is pretty special - unlike any that I’ve come across before.
View attachment 598874
View attachment 598872 View attachment 598873
View attachment 598875
I like your use of color theory. Are you a painter, by chance?

Re: Oni

He makes great stuff. I wore my 20th anniversary edition type 3 yesterday.

I have a good amount of Japanese and vintage denim but everything else, so far, seems ordinary compared to Oni.

And happy b-day!

The Shoe

One Too Many
I like your use of color theory. Are you a painter, by chance?

Re: Oni

He makes great stuff. I wore my 20th anniversary edition type 3 yesterday.

I have a good amount of Japanese and vintage denim but everything else, so far, seems ordinary compared to Oni.

And happy b-day!
Thank you. But, no, not a painter. I am appallingly bad at drawing.

I was reading about the Oni Secret Denim on another thread. I'd be keen to try that at some stage, too.

I wore this lightweight Aero today. The only Aero I’ve kept. It felt weird as suede has taken over. It made me think that this jacket in green kelpie, rough side out, would really be a show stopper. It got me thinking really hard in fact.
IMG_1979.jpeg

I’m sending it to Dena for a liner and a button as soon as the real shit hits and jackets are tabled for 6 months.

Fonzie

One Too Many
I’m hoping to get a greenlight. Time will tell!
If they know what’s best they’ll accept.
You’ve brought them so much business over the years by posting here perfect fitting super cool Aeros that it’ll be strange if they didn’t.

If they know what’s best they’ll accept.
You’ve brought them so much business over the years by posting here perfect fitting super cool Aeros that it’ll be strange if they didn’t.
I think Aero has some pretty hard and fast lines they won’t cross. I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it. Kelpie is very thin, easier to work with. I also pm ‘d Julie on IG to get the machinists feeling on its feasibility!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner