Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Schott 613SH

IMG_8904.jpeg

It's a surprisingly versatile color. Does this kind of suede/rough out need to be babied in the rain? It rains a lot where I am and anything that can't handle that becomes rather impractical.
In my experience no. These thicker cowhide split hides are not hurt by rain or water at all. I’ve soaked a few. No damage done. Some get a little stiffer than others, no idea why. Thinner suede def gets stiff, thicker stuff not as much. After I clean them and get them soft again I scotch guard them.

I would’ve never wanted my rust goat suede Aero to get wet. It felt monumentally more fragile and susceptible to stain, mark up, etc.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
As mentioned, here's some fit pics of the LW Appalachian. Haven't seen many pics of this particular one in the wild... but am stoked to have one of my own.
The unique design called out to me and just looked badass- the studded kidney panel is a nice touch as well.
Lateral front zip is not for show either - it's a huge pocket. So many possible uses for it - as @Carlos840 mentioned, got enough room for a sandwich or a bottle for the road.
All that's left is to break it in and make it my own...

IMG_2503.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg
IMG_2592.jpg
IMG_2577.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL