Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what jax do u buy v what u wear--posted my VANSON in classifieds here--hasta my love

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
what jackets do you buy vs what you end up wearing???

i ask because i'm selling my gawjus vanson sportrider mark2 properf...a beautiful jacket i raved about here when i bought it, have not worn it, and have kept my addiction up to motojax, so it must go for the ones i do wear...love to start a thread about jackets we buy, and the ones we end up wearing...but please check it out...only one more day left and quite the value as it's new! size X to XL, specifics are there. thanks.

what i buy that i am selling:

the vanson sportrider mark2 properf, same as what's right now on the vanson website, incredible jacket. just have not worn it.
it's one of those things that just sits there, i don't wear it...but i look and admire it. i'm guessing thise phenomenon is not unknown to my fedlounge brethren.

i do not sell ANY jacket lightly, and it's usually a size issue...this jacket fits perfectly and so it is really the only one i put under 'what i buy that i am selling' because i give it up not for any failure on the size or the jacket...so it fits the criteria of what i'm asking

LEWiS and AERO...i had once owned one each of these, the aero highwayman and the lewis corsair...both simply amazing jackets, tho i sold them as i was just starting out at the time and started jonesing for the EASTMAN luftwaffe, which really achieved the look i wanted better than the lewis or aero...but i feel honored to have worn those as they are among the best made and it was like driving a ferrari to have them on.

WHAT i wear:

i have my beloved eastman luftwaffe jacket that i really don't wear that much but will never sell...i sit and look at it quite a bit with adoration, but it is perhaps my finest jacket, so tho i don't wear it all that much, it is in this category...i guess it's like that special sportscar you have in the garage but only take out on special occasions

i seem to throw on quite a bit my amazing schott 641 steerhides. that's right, that's plural. the jacket i love so much i bought it twice. mainly because i got a new one, and then bought a bunch of authentic indian motorcycle patches to turn a jacket into an indian moto jacket, and no other leather jack seemed worthy of the honor, and as authentically American, as the 641...i luckily found one on ebay in barely used condition, not new and fresh like mine, but with the leather having a vintage look from sitting in a closet for 5 years or so, but no wear...fits and looks just like the new one except the leather has patina. i love wearing either one, so i often do...and this is perhaps the best looking jacket i own,,,beating the luftwaffe out only because i prefer a cafe racer collar

i have a Victory motorcycle jacket that is chinese made with the cut and fit of the schotts, slightly precurved arms, waist straps, mandarin collar...pretty much like the chinese made current harley jackets you see these days, except thicker leather...i love the victory logo across the back, and small on front, plus the orange and white stripes on the arms...i love throwing this one on as it looks sporty and fun, and is really a great made jacket.

that's pretty much what i wear, tho i have others in my closet i'll never sell as well, and look forward to wearing them soon...love to hear what others have kept v. bought...

Last edited:

technovox

One Too Many
Good point. I estimate that I only ever wear at most 10% of all the clothes in my closet. Unfortunately, I never know which ones will be among the 10% when I'm buying them.
Every time I order a new leather jacket, I'm delusional in thinking- "this will be the one...the perfect combo of what I've been looking for...and I'm going to wear it to death" But it hasn't worked out exactly like that yet. I view it as just part of the process.
Out of my 20 plus leather jackets, right now, my "go-to" jacket is my vintage Golden Bear Cafe racer in a thick cowhide in black with brown over tones. And if it's cold enough- I'm currently breaking in my new Johnson Leather M-200J/Horween 4 oz overdyed black.

Last edited:

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I too bought a luftwaffe thanks to johnny..its my fav jacket..never gets worn though...bought the 44...should have went for a 42....anyone want a swop :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24