Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Kind of Hat is this?

EarleC

New in Town
From the Twilight Zone Episode "The Mind and the Matter".

The main character wears this hat throughout. I know it is a fedora of some sort. What is the exact type? Where might I obtain one like it?

Thank you for your help!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
t110.jpg

t210.jpg

t310.jpg

To me, it looks like a 50's-60's styled hat, with the center crease, and side dents. You can check e-bay, or even create a 'wanted' ad here in the classifieds section. The maker, and color of the hat, I would not be able to tell you, unless you are able to find a shot of the inside of the hat. Some common hat colors, were: grey, black, and brown.

EarleC

New in Town
Thanks. I would like to attach some pictures I retrived from screenshots. These show greater detail of the hat itself. So far I have had great difficulty doing this. Can anyone help me?

If so I would be much obliged. Thank you.

carldelo

One Too Many
Nice to see the young Shelly Berman, age 36 in 1961 from the IMDB info pages. That hat looks like a perfectly typical sixties short-brim fedora. A Stetson Saxon would be a close approximation. It may not be the hat in question, and the color is anybody's guess, but the Saxon has been in a million movies and TV shows. Bencraft is a reliable vendor, and a FL sponsor into the bargain:
http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=255&subcname=Stetson

Re: posting photos, you have to use a 3rd party hosting site, refer to the FAQ: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/FAQ.html#photos

mike2013

New in Town
hey guys , found this hat today doing some more cleaning, just wandering what brand it is, the tag has came off it ,has a picture of an airplane underneath and has the name david natley on the band any help would be apreciated thanks mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran