Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What makeup item enamors you?

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Let me explain--

I have two of each of the following items so that I can have one in my vanity and a to-go in my bag:
*eyebrow pencil
*mascara (actually, recently I've only had one stashed in my purse)
*foundation compact
These are basics, perfunctory purchases. In fact, half the time I don't bother with mascara. But plunk me down in any store and I'm likely to be tempted by the lip displays.
I have 3 lip liners, several lipsticks, a lipstick palette, 4 or 5 tube lip glosses in similar colors, and 4 roll-on lip stains. I love lip colors so much that I made those stains myself. I don't really need 3 purplish lipsticks, 3 glosses in the same hue, and a lip stain in again, the purple family. But I have them. I keep buying them. It's the same with red and so on. It's the "ooooh, shiny!" syndrome. And of course I have lip balms all over the place. I'm always on a mission to match my lip color exactly to my outfit. I'll never really have enough lip items and it has been that way since I was a girl. Even if I am not wearing any other makeup at all I do put on lip stain.

What about you? Is it eye shadow? Do you have a zillion mascaras and/or liners? Are you a collector of different powders with different properties/functions? Maybe it's not actual makeup, but tools like brushes or blenders and such that you can't resist buying. Maybe it's allllll the blushes or primers galore. What's your thing?

Thumper15

New in Town
My wife and I are reading this together and she wanted me to respond lol. Her thing is eye shadows. She has 3 full urban decay pallets, 2 - Two faced pallets that smell amazing, especially the chocolate one. That smells wonderful to us both lol. Numerous drug store make up pallets. She just can’t have enough different colors and likes to match them every outfit. And she constantly watches tutorials online to learn and unique application techniques.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I'm with you in the lippy camp! I like to have different shades for different seasons. Somthing lighter and more muted in the spring and summer, growing gradually darker or brighter towards the fall and winter. Plus the "Oh look! Shiny!" syndrome! Currently I'm enamored with the new Made For All collection by Maybelline. I'm slowly purchasing most of them. And when I find something I really like, I buy multiples, just in case it gets discontinued.

The1940sHousewife

New in Town
I love red lipsticks! I used to be a huge Besame Victory Red lipstick fan, but ever since I got pregnant I had to branch out and now I use Maybelline Superstay Matte liquid lipstick in Pioneer. I had to find a lipstick that is kid friendly cause kids are messy :p

BlackDahlia

New in Town
Hi everyone,
For me it's red lipstick, I can't get enough. I keep buying them - it's an obsession. I of course like Besame lipsticks, but seem to prefer Kat Von D, MAC, Smashbox, and Nars red lippies better on me lately.
-BD

adara260

New in Town
It’s not a makeup item but skincare and hair care are my obsession items right now.

With mask mandates wrapping up it seems, I imagine lipsticks will make a big surge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112