Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should an A-2 looks like when you wear it unzip?

bentusian

One of the Regulars
Basically zhz's question has been answered by the loungers above - as you wear the jacket (especially zipped up) longer, it will conform to your body shape and will get you )( or II shaped opening when unzipped.

But as to many million other trivial subjects, Japanese people always have 'the' answer to your question.
This is how you get that )( or II shaped opening quicker:

- grab the top of opening with your thumbs and index fingers
- scrape and pull down along the both sides (wind flap and the leather part next to zipper rail)
- when doing so, be careful not to scratch the leather surface with thumb finger nail
- do this from time to time whenever you unzip and open up the jacket front

deerhunter

New in Town
Hi guys,

this thread takes me to the following question - what is your favourite piece of clothes to wear under a leather jacket (A2, G1, etc.) ? shirt, t-shirt, polo, jumper/pullover ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Jan

zhz

Practically Family
Hi guys,

this thread takes me to the following question - what is your favourite piece of clothes to wear under a leather jacket (A2, G1, etc.) ? shirt, t-shirt, polo, jumper/pullover ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Jan

Depends on the weather, with my A2, I wear it with t-shirt in the summer, late spring and early autumn. A sweater or hoody in later autumn. Now, in the cold winter, I am wearing a thick fur hoody under it...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Depends on the weather, with my A2, I wear it with t-shirt in the summer, late spring and early autumn. A sweater or hoody in later autumn. Now, in the cold winter, I am wearing a thick fur hoody under it...

During cold winter days, I rarely ever wear an A-2, which I am told was designed as a summer jacket.

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Your Werber had a collar stand which will made the jacket sit a little different than the Dubow.

deerhunter

New in Town

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any photo of hoody worn rogether with A2? I am not sure how the shirt-like collar goes with a hoody ?

Regards,

Jan

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Thank you for your reply. Do you have any photo of hoody worn rogether with A2? I am not sure how the shirt-like collar goes with a hoody ?

Regards,

Jan

Hoody with A-2...... That's what I do sometimes when I wear my boxier A-2. Not sure if some of the die hard A-2 fans here like that idea though.

Cocker

Practically Family
Hoody with A-2...... That's what I do sometimes when I wear my boxier A-2. Not sure if some of the die hard A-2 fans here like that idea though.

Sure, but with the right hoody, I think of it as a great combination of vintage classics, and modern classics. Plus, it will keep you all warm and toasty!

Stand By

One Too Many
Sure, the right hoodie can go great with an A2. I'd never thought about until one evening when I was watching a US cop show on TV one night and the lead was wearing a hoodie with his black leather jacket (similar to an ELC Luftwaffe) and I thought "Hey! That looks cool!" And so I tried wearing my Luftwaffe that way and really liked it! Who knew?! I had no idea up to that point.
I say "the right hoodie" - meaning IMHO no zip front, good complementary colours (as the lining will be a different colour too) - and quality of course. Go for it.

Stand By

One Too Many
Sure, but with the right hoody, I think of it as a great combination of vintage classics, and modern classics. Plus, it will keep you all warm and toasty!

Totally agree - it freshens the vintage look as it injects a shot of the contemporary … and yes, it extends the length of time you can wear your A2 - deeper into the Autumn.

Stand By

One Too Many
PS. Oh, and getting back to the original question: your A2 looks great to me. Wear it to a bar and have a drink and relax. It looks great on you.

apba1166

A-List Customer
Going back to the first photo on the thread and then the comparison photo: My feeling is static shots don't tell the fit story. Good clothes are cut/made to move in, whether suits, jackets, or pants, let alone skirts, dresses and so on. They look best when moving, and you look best in them when moving: so the real question is when you're out and about doing things--as opposed to sitting in a chair or standing at a bar--how's it look and feel. Lots of my jackets look limp or don't seem to hang right if I'm just standing in them--look at all the pics here of people just standing and compare to when you see someone on the street moving about or in the supermarket picking up a sack of potatoes. They look good then, right?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I wear a hoodie when I'm taking a run, or walking to the supermarket for milk first thing in the morning (which is to say, rarely).

With my G-1s, I wear a T-shirt and jeans. With my A-2s I wear an oxford shirt and a pair of khaki pants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff