Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What style of jacket would this be?

Alistair-L

New in Town
I've spotted this photograph and quite like the style of jacket. It appears to be in wool and is in a tunic-style blazer. I was wondering what kind of jacket is this and if I could find something similar to it?

Thank you

4743a96340c0dc4d46938e6df8f19f65--alternate-history-chariots.jpg

Alistair-L

New in Town
Quite an interesting photograph indeed. The prices for such jackets is quite steep but at least the type can be identified. Thanks for suggestions and a good head to find similar jackets.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It's seems to be a period tweed jacket. The 1970's produced similar Norfolk inspired styles to this (bellows patch pockets, belted back) and I imagine $10 will get you one if you can find it. Or $50 on eBay. I've seen dozens over the years but they are harder to find.

Last edited:

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I'd agree with the posters above saying to search for a Norfolk Jacket.

I had one similar which was a Lands End jacket from the 80/90s which I did indeed pick up quite cheaply. I sold it a few months ago as, nicely made as it was, I just didn't wear it. I did see a corduroy one by Ralph Lauren recently though I'm sure many other makers sell them too, if you didn't want to go vintage.

Found an alternative image here as well. Great photos.

I thought the image looked a little contemporary and indeed it is, theres a bit about the background on the photographers website; http://www.blog-lwinram.com/2014/03/14/otto-flies/

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I've spotted this photograph and quite like the style of jacket. It appears to be in wool and is in a tunic-style blazer. I was wondering what kind of jacket is this and if I could find something similar to it?

Thank you

4743a96340c0dc4d46938e6df8f19f65--alternate-history-chariots.jpg
Ill fitting. Just look at those bat wings! Worst I've ever seen!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Coincidentally came across this today which made me thing of this thread. Difficult to see if the jacket in the photo has chest pockets or not. From a brand called R95th apparently.

Attachments

• eb.jpg
    eb.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 87

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points