Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Joie DeVive said:
Just FYI, I hear it is recommended that all of us should be getting 15 minutes of sun a day without sunscreen to help your body produce vitamin D. Since vitamin D is so important for bones, it's especially important for us ladies!!

Yikes, 15 minutes a day without sunscreen and I'd be a tomato!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
pigeon toe said:
Yikes, 15 minutes a day without sunscreen and I'd be a tomato!

Really? Wow!:eek:

Mind you, I don't mean laying out or even being particularly bare. I got that tidbit from my sister when she was in her doctoral program at Penn State. She got hers by walking around the block in the morning before she put her sunscreen on. It's just to get a little sunlight.

Maybe we should all consult our doctors first.:eek:

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Gotta love Jane in a snood.

Actually what cheered me up the most was watching that Daria episode!

And getting 8 hours of sleep.

But I am still contemplating the tattoo...

Kimberly

Practically Family
Miss Dottie said:
Gotta love Jane in a snood.

Actually what cheered me up the most was watching that Daria episode!

And getting 8 hours of sleep.

But I am still contemplating the tattoo...

Sometimes sleep is the best thing you can do to cheer you up. I know when I am over tired, I get overwhelmed and depressed. I am happy to hear you are dong better today! :eusa_clap

pretty faythe

One Too Many
That was me for a minute yesterday morning, with the blahs. Did my hair and put on a bit of ,music and started cleaning. The smell of pinesol (sp) cheers me for some reason. I dunno.
Then today, I was fine and dandy. Got up, took the kids to school, took the ex's daughter to breakfast with me (I was babysitting her for him, she is soooo cute, I miss having a wee one) and window shopping before going to my doctors appointment.
Stopped at K-mart and got two sorta vintage inspired dresses on sale for 2.99 each. Happy happy girl.
Go to the doctor, hear the blah blah, yada yada, and then he adds in that the new meds he is putting me on might help with weight loss, and losing weight will help with the head problems. GGGRRRRRR. He didn't ask me if I was already trying to do stuff to lose weight, and just assumed that I ate junk food all day long. (tells me to eat healthier).
So I leave the doctors office in blach mood, and decided to stop at a thrift store and do some vintage hunting. Perked me right up!

So, I suggest cleaning if aroma therapy is a perk up for you, or shopping! lol

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
As someone else said already, exercize (often in the form of dance) makes me feel like I'm doing something to improve myself, although I know it won't be an instant improvement.

Investing the time to do my hair nicely makes me feel great, and I get long-term bennies from that.

Naps are great, but typically not possible for me, sadly. I love the sunshine idea, and hopefully soon my backyard will be significantly improved so I can spend more time out there without getting frustrated at it's state.

I guess it depends on what's bugging me. Mango margaritas are universally applicable.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i wish there was sunshine for me to walk around in! next winter i will definitely be investing in a light box.

cleaning helps me too, especially if i put on some loud music and sing and dance around a bit while i do it. :)

someone asked about the lemonade cleanse i mentioned... here's a link to the wikipedia entry. again, i can't stand it, and have attempted it twice, but i know a bunch of people who have thrived on it and come away much healthier. there's tons of stuff on the net, both pro and con, if you google "master cleanse".

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Blast some of my favorites and dance around the room like a crazy fool.... or sing along with them, depends on the mood I'm in.

On really nice days I know of a way to get onto the roof of one of the uni's tallest buildings-- you're high above the world and its problems, with a fantastic view of the city, the lake, and the sunrise/sunset... its my refuge. :)

And I'm yet another who's convinced that a great coat of lippy does wonders! :D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
i wish there was sunshine for me to walk around in! next winter i will definitely be investing in a light box.

cleaning helps me too, especially if i put on some loud music and sing and dance around a bit while i do it. :)

someone asked about the lemonade cleanse i mentioned... here's a link to the wikipedia entry. again, i can't stand it, and have attempted it twice, but i know a bunch of people who have thrived on it and come away much healthier. there's tons of stuff on the net, both pro and con, if you google "master cleanse".

A friend of mine tried that. She lasted about one day. lol

:eek:fftopic:
Ah, I see I'm not the only one who Daria'ed up her profile. :D

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:

That was me. Thanks, ShooShooBaby. I'm looking for something to get me out of this horrible eating cycle I find myself trapped in. I waver between just making the resolution to exercise/eat healthy (salads, soups, vegetables, fruits, etc) and a quick fix to jumpstart some lifestyle changes. The problem is that I'm in kind of a funk. My response to being in a funk is to eat junk, which just makes me sink deeper into the funk...and so on and so forth. :(

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I get a pedicure and/or try to jazz up my outfit with jewelry. My main battle tend to be the hair, so if I can get that tamed and slap on some makeup, I'm good to go. Lately I've put on some weight and joined a gym today. Maybe that will help. I was already feeling better after exercising today.

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
I often feel like a big fat blob...

And it always happens when I'm due to go out that night!

Of course nothing looks right and I feel miserable. :rage:

It's amazing how you can think that you look 20 pounds heavier then you were the week before!

So what do I do? I do my hair, nails and face and put on one of my old standbys - usually the black one and I go out. Oh, and of course my tummy flatning underpants!

And you know what? I never feel bad about myself when I'm out with my mates, drinking, dancing, seeing a band or whatever. I always forget all about by pot belly obsession.

It really is just a state of mind ;)

However - the gym thing and eating healthy does help me feel good. If you do sit-ups regularly for a few weeks you really can feel the difference. It's just doing them - that's the hard bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo