Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to Wear with a Deerstalker

richie1958

New in Town
Yea that's working well Captain Lex. The hunt for the perfect greatcoat is a perennial occupation of mine. I'm six foot four, 42" chest and 34" waist. I found an RAF greatcoat displaying those exact dimensions on the label on ebay. Having won it and tried it on, I realized that the RAF sizing is worked out to allow for a dress uniform underneath. If I wear a very substantial jacket underneath, it works; otherwise it's just too big.
Richie

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
Oh, and I forgot! @Walt: I waited until the deerstalker was on deep discount and got it for $36, down from nearly a hundred. Label says Jonathan Richard of Ireland, but they don't seem to have their own website, and none of the sites that carry the brand seem to have the model, so I can't tell you what the normal price is, but if their other stock is any indication, I'd say I got a deal!

And Richie: I can relate! I'm a fairly normal size, but the real overcoat market in my state is poor, as people generally just had real winter coats (due to the perennially fatally cold winters), and it's too bad, because coats are my single favorite part of vintage fashion.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou