Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Feraud

Bartender
And sometimes he makes a movie that doesn't hit the mark like some of his others. I have enjoyed his movies since Reservoir Dogs; some are better than others.
:D
Right. As a Taranrino fan I am the first to admit his films can be verbose and self indulgent. I thoroughly enjoy most of his films even if I find a few flaws in 'em.
Others are too thin skinned about their cinematic God. :rolleyes:

Right. As a Taranrino fan I am the first to admit his films can be verbose and self indulgent. I thoroughly enjoy most of his films even if I find a few flaws in 'em.
Others are too thin skinned about their cinematic God. :rolleyes:
Iwould expect a flaw could be found in pretty much anything. Like this Angry Orchard in my hand; the bottle is too small and is now empty. But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it and don't look forward to another. It is still a nice beverage despite its flaws. :D

Galaxy Quest. I was pleasantly surprised!

Since I've long ago lost any respect anyone here might have had for me, I'll just admit, I like this movie and think they did a darn good job parodying the "Star Trek" fan thing while producing an entertaining movie. I've seen it three or four times (in bits and pieces) and would gladly watch it again. It's also nice to see Sigourney Weaver just having some fun in a movie.

"Finding Forrester," IMHO, an under-rated movie that - especially Forrester's apartment - has some great Fedora Lounge eye candy.

Yes, the movie does have a few too many cliches and takes the easy route on some topics, but the relationship between Connery and Brown and Brown and Paquin more than make up for it. In those interaction, the characters come alive, are three dimensional, show us how life can bring some odd mixes of people together that work if they have the right mindset and oddly shared experiences.

And cliched or not, when Brown and, then, Connery bring down the stuffy English professor, I'm cheering them on.

Deadpool
It was fun. A better use of Ryan Reynolds than in Green Lantern.

He only hit my radar as something more than a goofy pretty boy when I saw him in "Woman in Gold," he has some really acting ability. Also, marrying Scarlet Johansson and, then, Blake Lively probably makes acting boring for him anyway :).

He only hit my radar as something more than a goofy pretty boy when I saw him in "Woman in Gold," he has some really acting ability. Also, marrying Scarlet Johansson and, then, Blake Lively probably makes acting boring for him anyway :).
I like him way back when in Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. A funny little show with a dumb name (later changed to Two Guys and a Girl) and a nice cast. He tends to shine in snarky type comedies so this was perfect casting.

I like him way back when in Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. A funny little show with a dumb name (later changed to Two Guys and a Girl) and a nice cast. He tends to shine in snarky type comedies so this was perfect casting.

I did enjoy that show, but he was still slotted in the goofy-pretty boy category in my mind at that point. The girl on the show was big-time cute and had good comic timing.

Last edited:

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
The Damned Dont Cry , 1950 starring Joan Crawford

Trapped in an unhappy marriage and a dirt-poor town, Ethel Whitehead (Joan Crawford) decides to break free of these confines after the death of her child changes her outlook on life. She leaves her husband, begins using her good looks to manipulate men into doing her bidding and eventually schemes her way into the arms of wealthy but sinister mobster George Castleman (David Brian). But despite her cunning, Ethel realizes she's in over her head when she tries to con George and things turn deadly.

View attachment 52345
This is one intense movie. Watched it years ago. David Brian's Castleman was really creepy.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Since I've long ago lost any respect anyone here might have had for me, I'll just admit, I like this movie and think they did a darn good job parodying the "Star Trek" fan thing while producing an entertaining movie. I've seen it three or four times (in bits and pieces) and would gladly watch it again. It's also nice to see Sigourney Weaver just having some fun in a movie.

Hey!!!! I for one respect you... I know you're being facetious....

Worf

PS "Galaxy Quest" was a hoot! I must see for all Trekkers/Trekkies/Klingons/Boleans/Breens/Ronulans etc....

Galaxy Quest. I was pleasantly surprised!
Galaxy Quest is indeed one of the best Star Trek movies. :D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up

Right??? I had heard this was a dumb movie, but my husband wanted me to give it a go and so I did. It was fun! And I did love the parody of Star Trek. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy