Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

maggiethespy said:
"Waiting for Guffman"

I'm a community theater actor myself, so it was really fun to see all of those stereotypes in the film. I love docu-comedies-- it's something about the awkwardness of the camera and the actors interacting with the camera that amps up the funny to 11. And I love me some Christopher Guest. He's a nut!

This is a great funny story, my favorite reference is to the "My Dinner With Andre" action figure set - briiliant!

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I saw The Scar the other night starring Paul Henreid and Joan Bennett. A killer disguises himself to assume the identity of a look a like doctor, only to find the doctor has someone looking for him, too!

Feraud

Bartender
KY Gentleman said:
I saw The Scar the other night starring Paul Henreid and Joan Bennett. A killer disguises himself to assume the identity of a look a like doctor, only to find the doctor has someone looking for him, too!
A great little film. :eusa_clap

vintage68

Practically Family
Went to see The Girl Who Played with Fire, the move adaptation of Stieg Larsson's book. Excellent, as was the first movie adaptation.

I just cringe when I think Hollywood is making their own English language version (La Femme Nikita anyone?). But then again, if anyone can pull it off, David Fincher can.

Goodman.MJ

New in Town
The Big Sleep

I just watched "The Big Sleep" (1946) with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.

From IMDB:
"Private Detetive Philip Marlowe is hired by a rich family. Before the complex case is over, he's seen murder, blackmail, and what might be love".

Good story line, great pace too. some fine fashions and cars as a bonus :)

Edward

Bartender
Goodman.MJ said:
I just watched "The Big Sleep" (1946) with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.

From IMDB:
"Private Detetive Philip Marlowe is hired by a rich family. Before the complex case is over, he's seen murder, blackmail, and what might be love".

Good story line, great pace too. some fine fashions and cars as a bonus :)

Casablanca is my favourite, but I don't believe I've ever seen chemistry near what Bogie and Bacall have in The Big Sleep in anything else.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Just watched Father Goose. LOVE that film! Cary Grant is a hoot.

Now I'm watching State Fair with Dana Andrews and Jeanne Crain. It's that time of year!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
AmateisGal said:
Just watched Father Goose. LOVE that film! Cary Grant is a hoot.
Yep, he was fat and sassy....:)

fg-23.jpg

KY Gentleman said:
T Men starring Dennis O'Keefe. Very cool picture.

This is a tension filled film with Treasury Agents going undercover to break up counterfitters. If I remember right there is a scene where someone is killed at night by a backalley section of a warehouse that is used as an example of film noir night time photography in an English History of Film TV program done by Martin Scorcese.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy