Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Edward

Bartender
Oh, and Up in the Air isn't that one movie (cartoon, CGI looking) with the old man and the kid on a house that floats in the sky, right? Is that a different film?

I believe you're thinking of Up; Up in the Air, if memory serves, is some sort of romcom with George Clooney in it.

djd

Practically Family
Thats correct. 'sort of rom com' is right too. Not laugh out loud funny and actually rather sad. Good film but not what I thought it would be

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Murder on a Bridle Path (1936) with James Gleason and Helen Broderick, another in the Hildegarde Withers series. Hollywood at its production-line best, cranking out entertainment like a well-oiled machine. This one clocks in at sixty-seven minutes of character-driven entertainment. One fussy observation: Helen Broderick affects this predictable head swivel action before she delivers a line. She cuts her eyes away from the person she's addressing then cuts back to say her line; or, she does this three-point head action, where she looks away, looks down, then looks back to the other actor. Think Hetty King on Avonlea. If it happened once or twice it might convey "I'm thinking," but she does it it just about every scene.

James Gleason is great as James Gleason, Noo Yawk tough in a sharp db. Christian Rub, the voice of Geppetto, plays creepy caretaker in need of a haircut.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Thats correct. 'sort of rom com' is right too. Not laugh out loud funny and actually rather sad. Good film but not what I thought it would be

It's not a rom-com at all. It's not cute, not funny, and not at all romantic. It's more an observation of our modern lifestyle - how you can travel constantly but seem to be in exactly the same place whatever city it is, how we work, and especially how we hire and fire. An outstanding, unusual flick.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched This Gun for Hire tonight. I liked Veronica Lake, Robert Preston and Laird Cregar. I've never really cared for Alan Ladd, though. Great movie all in all I thought.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Bat, with Vincent Price and Agnes Moorhead. Great movie with an interesting plot twist. Not scary, but more thriller. Done in the 60's.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Random Hearts. Kristin Scott Thomas is a doll. Literally...... just the tiniest, cutest little thing.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80