Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
I found a $5.00 copy of Chinatown and re watched it after 30 years, I was amazed to notice a continuity glitch in the fight scene at the retirement village, you can look beyond the action, through the double glass doors to, the street and see 1970's American vehicles passing by

Last edited:

MikePotts

Practically Family
"Heat of the Sun"

eveharker-heat20of20the20sun.jpg

I watched "Heat of the Sun" (Trevor Eve, Susannah Harker) again, for the nth time, last night.
I know this series must have been mentioned before on this august board but a quick 'search' turned up nothing, but even if it had it's worth bringing to the surface again - great show for devotees of Colonial Africa style.

Available from 'Netflix' also.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
What, like "What's the matter? Can't talk with a gun in your mouth?" And the guy's already dead of course. Classic stuff.

Yep, that is one of them. And of course one of my favorites is when he is chasing the gangster, stops, fires the Tommy Gun in the air and says "All right..that's enough of this running s@#$"

Kirk H.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
The extended, special event version of The Fellowship of the Ring. Planning on seeing all three~

This is a fantastic event. Seeing the movies on a big screen again is a hoot, not to mention that they are the extended (at better) versions.

djd

Practically Family
Super films. Really looking forward to the Hobbit films. LOTR must be one of the very, very few films that measure up to a great book. Can't think of many others at all

ukali1066

Practically Family
Me too Derek, I'll be there in the cinema for the hobbit....the last film I went to see was The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford....which was years ago

djd

Practically Family
Yes, it generally takes a lot to get me into the cinema too. Tintin is probably the only one I'll go see this year. I always preferred to Hobbit story to Lotr so I'm sure it'll be fantastic :)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I watched The Gold Rush (1925), starring Charlie Chaplin. It was funny, and had a good story. I enjoyed watching this one, and honestly, it's the first Charlie Chaplin film I sat to watch in it's entirety, having not yet finished The Kid (1921). I'm actually a bit surprised at the amount of violence in The Gold Rush, actually, as somebody falls off a cliff, and others get beaten or shot at. Would this have been pretty normal for the 1920s silent films?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Wings Of Eagles, John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara, directed by John Ford. It is hard to believe he did not win the Academy Award that year for his portrayal of Frank W. "Spig" Wead. I am not a big Wayne fan, he was so Hollywood, from his hair and name, given to him by the Hollywood big wigs, right down to his walk, stolen from Harry Carey! But in this film, he did show a full range of emotions. It starts out as the usual John, punch first, think later, but after he is paralyzed, his character develops into a very intelligent well rounded man, just the kind we needed to win the war! It is also interesting to see him with out his full rug. What a shame his fans didn't let him continue with this kind of film, he might have been as accomplished as old Clint is today! I guess it shows you that while John Wayne was not the best actor, Marion Mitchell Morrison was!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy