Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Tonight, we held our annual It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World get-together. More than a dozen in attendance, not counting the little kids. Started off with a trivia contest, then spent the rest of the evening with simultaneous recitation of our favorite lines. Great stuff~

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Smoking Aces 2

then The Usual Suspects

Remember... you snitch on your old man and Keyser Soze is gonna get you!

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
What did you think of this one, cause it seemed to be so intent on letting you not know who was the devil that you just ended up not caring in the end. You're like, "Oh its that person, great..."

LD

Sorry - I'm reading what you wrote - again this time properly - it was pretty early when I read this after a late one - yes, I know what you mean - there were red herrings thrown throughout however thinking of past horror movies I figured it had to be the most innocuous of the bunch.

However, we had it figured out from pretty much the time the lift doors closed. It was neither tense nor scary - the plot had potential - maybe with script tweaks and better direction.

More could have been made of the times the lights went out in the lift and more could have been done with the characters and dialogue in the interim - a lot of potential was lost here.

And there was the usual peripheral storyline that got tied in nicely at the end (my husband saw this from the start and proceeded to tell me - thanks!) - Shymalan seems to do that in pretty much all his movies.

Last edited:

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
then The Usual Suspects

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

I enjoyed the film and loved Spacey in it, and find that oft-quoted line to be deliciously superstitious.

Just watched Octopussy with the Roger Moore commentary track. Ol' Rog is a charmer and witty raconteur. Classy gent that he is, he doesn't name names when telling the tale of an actor snubbed by Queen Elizabeth because the performer didn't adhere to the white tie and tails dress attire of a royal premiere.

Seeing a Roger Moore James Bond film makes me want to embrace safari suits in a BIG way.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Last night i watched GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES, which i've seen about 2 dozen times, but just wanted to watch something fun I that I had available.And was struck once again by how much i love Jane Russell in that film and how she's really the star in that one ( don't shoot me :p)

I went to see THE CHANGE UP last week, because a young teenage friend picked it, ..i don't know when i've seen something so horrible, ugh.

before that i went to see MIDNIGHT IN PARIS,the new Woody Allen Movie, which i really loved! I was fascinated by the characters who all had their ideal of what the GOLDEN AGE was and they all dreamt of going back to a particular era that , in their mind , they felt would have been so much better, and were convinced they would have been so much happier if they had born during a different time.Sounds a little familiar, maybe?? :)

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Watchmen. What a BAD movie! & I mean BAD as in really, really BAD! Didn't care who did what enough to stick around for the end...

There was way more budget than sense involved in this one. :rolleyes:

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
The Avengers .... Ralph Fiennes and Sean Connery.

What a pile of steaming monkey wipe that was. :eeek: Terrible. No acting whatsoever. The entire cast just tried to mimic the characters from the show ... and poorly, at that. The only redeeming attribute is that Uma Thurman was damn sexy and looked fine in a catsuit.

Last edited:

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Hop (laugh out loud funny cutesy kids movie with my son. Was great after a spate of very ordinary examples - Yogi, Gnomeo, etc)

Rango (best western I've seen in years. Superb & occasionally surreal. Great witty tips-of-the-hat injected throughout, like the Fear & Loathing gag at the start of the film, and the Spirit of the West talking through clenched teeth - who is that supposed to be? ;))

Paul (a big fan of just about anything Pegg or Frost have done. Combine with Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Jason Bateman, & bit parts by Bill Hader, David Koechner, et al, it was a great fun road trip)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran