Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
I really like the Charlie Chan movies too!

Yesterday I watched 'Up the Down Staircase" on TCM. Excellent film that sort of ties into the "decline of Standards" thread we are discussing elsewhere in the Lounge. :) It deals with teachers, delinquency, kid's backgrounds, apathy by administrators who are overwhelmed in a school in a tough NY neighborhood. Love that film!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I'm a very big PotA fan, and I was really, surprised by how good this supposed prequel was. I mean there are a couple of plot holes big enough to drive a truck through:
1) They have been testing the drug for 5 years, and no one knew their star chimp, the one they were going to present to the shareholders, was pregnant!?
2)They have tested this drug for 5 years and are scared to move ahead with it but a VIRUS version of the drug they accelerate trials? Yeah...

Seeing Caesar's development was stunning. I wish that there were more scenes of seeing Caesar and the Dr. and the Dr. teaching him more moral lessons because Caesar really becomes a man and liberator in this film, and with all his oppression (even by his father) you can't really grasp where he is getting his morality from.
I hope there is a director's cut where they have that stuff in it.

LD

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
a multiple-movie-feast these last couple of days- watching them with the Mr. up at his house;
Friday evening, The Barkleys of Broadway
Sunday evening, Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth, disc I
Monday afternoon, Quigley Down Under.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Ellery Queen Mysteries, Too Many Suspects, from 1975, with Jim Hutton as E.Q. and David Wayne as his dad the Police Inspector. This one was the pilot and ran for ninety minutes; later episodes ran the standard sixty minutes.

I remember the few shows I saw first time around, with Hutton turning to the camera and asking if the viewers at home had figured out the solution. Then cut to commercial, and when we returned we watched the revelation of whodunit.

This episode is set in New York City in 1947. The producers did their best to outfit the characters in 1940s style. The exteriors feature many classic cars; the more knowledgable FL members may point out that some of the cars were later than 1947, but it still looks close enough for television.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the series~

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sunday evening, Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth, disc I

ANY disc with Colin Firth will do just fine here... lol

Yesterday (as I was WAY to tired to get out from the house), I saw:
The Education of Little Tree (1997)

Synopsis:
"Little Tree is an 8-year-old Cherokee boy, who, during the time of the depression, loses his parents and starts to live with his Indian grandma and grandpa and learn the wisdom of the Cherokee way of life."

..and it was wonderful!
(somewhat slow paced and sad like hell, but one STRONG movie all together)

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
"The Maltese Falcon" (1941) with Humphrey Bogart.

First time watching it. Not bad. The ending was rather anticlimactic, though. A good job by Mr. Sidney Greenstreet, Bogart was also very good. Damn black and white. I want to see what colour the suits are!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy