Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Bringing Up Baby is can be unfun: Hepburn was miscast. Grant was saddled with a character that could be funny or merely annoying. Nonetheless, I do enjoy it, but not as much as The Philadelphia Story, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, et cetera...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Grant was a very versatile actor, I think. He was able to switch seamlessly from comedy to drama. To wit: Suspicion vs. Arsenic and Old Lace.

On my recent viewing list:

Thor
The Devil's Own (with Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford)

That is going back quite a ways. He was fine, though I have no seen much that he has starred in. I have probably seen more things he produced. :D
610_lloyd_about.jpg

:eeek:

You haven't seen Harold, but you've seen Fatty? Harold's much better, IMO.

Not bad lookin', either. :eek:

Annex+-+Lloyd,+Harold+(Cat's-Paw,+The)_06.jpg

You're just holding that woman incident against Fatty. :p When Fatty and Buster were in movies together it was hilarious. Even my five year old laughs---without sound.
Interestingly, I find that I see a lot of Fatty when I watch old Benny Hill episodes. It is sort of like Fatty with sound. Those hilarious facial expressions et al.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I hold nothing against Fatty! (& wasn't it found that he did not commit that crime?) I have a dvd set of his short films.

Never seen Benny Hill. Not sure what he was like, though he probably took a lot from Arbuckle.

I hold nothing against Fatty! (& wasn't it found that he did not commit that crime?) I have a dvd set of his short films.

Never seen Benny Hill. Not sure what he was like, though he probably took a lot from Arbuckle.

Yes, he was found innocent but that didn't help his career after that point. The local library lends out DVDs and I get my fill that way. :p

A lot might be an understatement. All of Fatty's woman chasing is Benny's fodder as well.;)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Fatty's life & career were largely destroyed by that incident. (I'm an old Hollywood scandal buff.) He was innocent of the crime, but in the eyes of the studios and the public, it didn't matter much. His career never recovered, although he started to make a comeback right before his death.

Last night - Tron.

The Devil's Own (with Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford)

I drive my husband batty by saying, "It's not an American story, it's an Irish one" whenever something goes awry in our household. lol

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I drive my husband batty by saying, "It's not an American story, it's an Irish one" whenever something goes awry in our household. lol

Haha! I watched this movie when it came out in the theater oh, back in 1996 or '97, I believe. Not too bad of a film, though I heard Ford and Pitt did NOT get along while filming.

And Pitt's Irish accent could have used a bit more work...:rolleyes:

Fatty's life & career were largely destroyed by that incident. (I'm an old Hollywood scandal buff.) He was innocent of the crime, but in the eyes of the studios and the public, it didn't matter much. His career never recovered, although he started to make a comeback right before his death.

Exactly. You said it better than I did.
I mean the guy helped Chaplin along and Actually discovered Buster Keaton and Bob Hope. He was a big figure in comedy both literally and figuratively. :p

DesertDan

One Too Many
"When Worlds Collide" and another George Pal movie, "War Of The Worlds" which also happens to be a pretty good hat movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy