Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

51EQ8BW13JL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
'Crime Wave' aka 'The City is Dark' (1954) with Stirling Hayden and a very young Charles Bronson

A very exciting noir.

I had to go out before the film finished and had no way to record the last 20 mins. Thank heavens for YouTube!

If you can, watch the dvd with the commentary on. Eddie Mueller and James Ellroy love this movie, and have a great deal of fun calling out the local landmarks from 1952 (the year the picture was made, although released in '54)

Philip Adams

One of the Regulars

If you can, watch the dvd with the commentary on. Eddie Mueller and James Ellroy love this movie, and have a great deal of fun calling out the local landmarks from 1952 (the year the picture was made, although released in '54)

Thanks for the tip Wally.

I'll keep an eye out for the DVD. The film is def one for the noir collection.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Just now, A Christmas Story, without which it ain't Christmas for the Hood household. Prior to that, The Black Room (1935) with Boris Karloff in a dual role as good twin- bad twin. Slogs a bit. And Decoy, another noir in the vein of Crime Wave (op. cit. above). The plot is sort of, well, incomprehensible, to quote someone from the special features on the disc. Evidently the first of only two films made my English discovery Miss Jean Gillies. Billed third or fourth is none other than Robert Armstrong, a few steps down from Carl Denham...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred