Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Connery

One Too Many
curly-classics.jpg

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Two episodes of the Ellery Queen show from the mid-seventies, The Case of the Two-Faced Woman, with Dr. Joyce Brothers (!) in a leading role, and The Case of the Sinister Scenario, with a walk-on by Paul Fix, renowned as Marshall Michah Torrance on The Rifle Man; don't blink or you'll miss him. Vincent Price plays a Hollywood director; Price could read the phone book and make it sound like Shakespeare.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
A very very very strange film from 1978 called "Langrishe Go Down". It was a BBC play of the week in that year, and then it was connected together to make a theatrical film. The screen play is by Harold Pinter. It's set in late 30's Ireland, and involves three spinster sister in a falling down manor house. Jeremy Irons shows up and carries a torrid affair with Judy Dench. Nothing much really happens, but it does it in a very artistic, not to mention very very s-l-o-w manner.
Great period everything. Jeremy Irons alway wear cool hats in his movies, it seems.
Strange movie. A viable alternative to watching paint dry.

RIOT

Practically Family
War Horse. What an amazing flick this is. Wonderful adaptation to the Michael Morpurgo book. Joey...

gdc

One of the Regulars
I've been watching a lot of the classics lately. A new one I saw yesterday is actually very good: War Horse.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Continuing my early Crosby kick with "We're Not Dressing," possibly the best of Bing's early Paramount features -- any picture where the supporting cast includes Carole Lombard, Ethel Merman, Leon Errol, Burns and Allen, and a trained bear has to be something that deserves a place at the top of any bill. Another ration of great songs too, including "May I," "Love Thy Neighbor," "Once In A Blue Moon," and "She Reminds Me Of You," the latter hysterically sung by Bing to the aforementioned bear. Who says Crosby had to wait till the Road pictures to discover his absurdist side?

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Went to see Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows last night. I thought it was pretty good, although it was just a tad long and you really have to pay attention to follow the plot. Like most S.H. movies the fun part is trying to pick out all the clues in the first part of the movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters