Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I have it ordered :D

I actually haven't seen it in years, so it'll be like seeing it for the first time when I get it.

It's an eye-and-ear candy movie. Plot is so-so, but not awful. Was mind-blowing on the big screen, back in 1984.

Fantastic depiction of '20s Harlem residents as real people, not as stereotypes or modern-day folks. One of them even calls the Cotton Club's white managers "ofays" (but not to their faces). How much more authentic can you get? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ofay

Last edited:

rue

It's an eye-and-ear candy movie. Plot is so-so, but not awful. Was mind-blowing on the big screen, back in 1984.

Fantastic depiction of '20s Harlem residents as real people, not as stereotypes or modern-day folks. One of them even calls the Cotton Club's white managers "ofays" (but not to their faces). How much more authentic can you get? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ofay

The clothing is all I remember about it. I have no remembrance at all of the plot.

It's funny you asked though... I just ordered it this morning, because I haven't been able to find it online.

Last edited:

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I'm watching "The Prowler" (1951) starring Van Heflin and Evelyn Keyes. I've never seen this one before but so far it's a big thumbs up!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One, Two, Three. Again.

James Cagney is just great here, carrying the whole film almost single-handedly, even though Hotte Buchholtz (whom Cagney immensely disliked), Pamela Tiffin and Lilo Pulver are absolutely wonderful in their own right. I think Cagney never had so many lines in a single film before - and at such a speed, too!

Sitzen machen!
Haha. I have to see it again. I just ordered a James Cagney Box but it is without this one.
(White Heat, the Roaring Twenties ,The Public Enemy, The Bride Came C. O. D.,The Fighting 69th, Torrid Zone ,The West Point Story for 13€ at amazon)

Last vintage movie I watched was "In name only" with Cary Grant. It was ok but not great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL