Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

I don't think the idea is ridiculous for them to be attacking in the 19th century southwest, but the townspeople's reaction to it was ridiculous, IMO. They should have been a LOT more terrified than they were.

I dunno. I didn't dislike the film, but Daniel Craig's character sort of fell flat for me. Give me Craig as Bond any day.

I agree, I really looked forward to the movie and so wanted to like the movie, but sadly it was, for me, just okay.

Edward

Bartender
I don't think the idea is ridiculous for them to be attacking in the 19th century southwest, but the townspeople's reaction to it was ridiculous, IMO. They should have been a LOT more terrified than they were.

I agree. All the earthlings were far too twentieth century to me, far too ready to accept the existence of the advanced technologies. With a steampunk vibe, it could have worked. As it was, it looked like a half-cocked, teenage fanfic rip off of Westworld and War of the Worlds.

The Heat of the Night is on TCM today so in a few, that will be the last movie I watched. It is a great movie hence the reason I own it. Great performances from Rod Steiger and Sidney Poitier.

The Wrong Man
"Academy Award-winner Henry Fonda stars in this riveting drama based on a true story. When mild-mannered bass player Fonda is wrongly accused of robbery, his life is slowly destroyed."

The most aggravating movbie I have seen in a long time. The police were portrayed as stupid as heck.

and

Kansas City Confidential with Lee Van Cleef in one of his first movies:
"Four robbers hold up an armored truck, getting away with over a million dollars in cash. Joe Rolfe (John Payne), a down-on-his-luck flower delivery truck driver is accused of being involved and is roughly interrogated by local police. Released due to lack of evidence, Joe, following the clues to a Mexican resort, decides to look for the men who set him up both to clear his name and to exact revenge. What he doesn’t know is that the heist involves a retired policeman who is also intent on revenge."

And then there was Coleen Gray in the movie too:p:
images

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
The Wrong Man
"Academy Award-winner Henry Fonda stars in this riveting drama based on a true story. When mild-mannered bass player Fonda is wrongly accused of robbery, his life is slowly destroyed."

The most aggravating movbie I have seen in a long time. The police were portrayed as stupid as heck.

and

Kansas City Confidential with Lee Van Cleef in one of his first movies:
"Four robbers hold up an armored truck, getting away with over a million dollars in cash. Joe Rolfe (John Payne), a down-on-his-luck flower delivery truck driver is accused of being involved and is roughly interrogated by local police. Released due to lack of evidence, Joe, following the clues to a Mexican resort, decides to look for the men who set him up both to clear his name and to exact revenge. What he doesn’t know is that the heist involves a retired policeman who is also intent on revenge."

And then there was Coleen Gray in the movie too:p:
images

I saw "The Wrong Man" recently and thought that it was pretty darn good.

- Ian

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Summertime (1955) starring Katharine Hepburn and Rossano Brazzi. I stumbled upon it this evening on TCM. I thought the story and acting were good and the scenery was gorgeous. Beautiful cinematography and color, in my opinion.

- Ian

Edward

Bartender
On the plane to Bejing last night I watched Immortals (schlocky, not as good a story as the original Theseus myth, but still fun) and Warrior - ridiculous plot, but entertaining bit of fluff.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I'm kind of in the middle of For Whom the Bell Tolls. Quite drawn out. Lots of overly dramatic dialogue and music, extreme close-ups, and not much actually happening. So far, it looks like it could've been done in about half the time.

The Quiet Man.
220px-Poster_-_Quiet_Man,_The_01.jpg

"Sean Thornton has returned from America to reclaim his homestead and escape his past. Sean's eye is caught by Mary Kate Danaher, a beautiful but poor maiden, and younger sister of ill-tempered "Red" Will Danaher. The riotous relationship that forms between Sean and Mary Kate, punctuated by Will's pugnacious attempts to keep them apart, form the main plot, with Sean's past as the dark undercurrent."
Great fight scene between Will and Sean. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic