Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Feraud

Bartender
Watched War Horse. I really wanted to like the film but it was overloaded from the beginning with heart-string tugging sentimentality.
For the record I don't mind sentiment but it is something that should grow in the context of the story and not be glopped on from the first scenes.
The gorgeous opening scenes of the countryside with the glaring emotional John Williams music was so out of place. The characters were mostly one dimensional and the story was very predictable.

Valdez is Coming
valdez%20movie.jpg

"The town constable, Bob Valdez, is forced to kill someone accused by Frank Tanner of being a murderer. Valdez asks Tanner for monetary help for the man's wife, but he is ridiculed and almost killed by Tanner's henchmen. Valdez recovers and summons up his days in the U.S. Cavalry in order to fight them. Valdez wounds one of the henchmen and sends him back to Tanner with the message, "Valdez is coming." Then the fun starts. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Watched War Horse. I really wanted to like the film but it was overloaded from the beginning with heart-string tugging sentimentality.
For the record I don't mind sentiment but it is something that should grow in the context of the story and not be glopped on from the first scenes.
The gorgeous opening scenes of the countryside with the glaring emotional John Williams music was so out of place. The characters were mostly one dimensional and the story was very predictable.
Same hear! I had to watch it, my sister, a horse lover kept calling me, so I waisted $4.99 on it! It did have spectacular backdrops, but to many sad stories.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The Undercover Man (Columbia, 1949), with Glenn Ford, Nina Foch, James Whitmore, and Anthony Caruso. Ford plays a Treasury Dept. agent who goes after a mobster, "The Big Fellow," who's been avoiding paying income tax. Average crime drama, made better by the cast and by a few L.A. locales.

DameWhoDrinks

Familiar Face
Those magnificent men in their flying machines. (1965)
Very good silly race movie, similar to its a mad x 6 world and cannonball run. Very fun.Stuart Whitman is quite the cowboy

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
The Music Man (Blu-ray) and Hello, Dolly (DVD). The Music Man Blu-ray has a pristine transfer, the film stock was amazing, color detail was outstanding, and sound was remastered very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL