Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Been on an late 1920s/1930s kick lately:

"The Kiss" wonderful Deco sets in that film!

"Metropolis" the restored/complete version, similar great sets

"Rules of the Game" oh beltback suit heaven in the film!

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
1946, Heartbeat. Starring Adolph Menjou, Ginger Rogers and Basil Rathbone. How could I pass with a cast like that? "A young female escapee from a reform school joins a pickpocket academy in Paris. She is caught red-handed on her first attempt at stealing by an upper class man. He recruits her to do him a favor at a society party where she meets and falls in love with a young, handsome, rich diplomat. Whether or not she can land him is another story."

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
"Before the rains"

220px-Before_the_Rains.jpg

Before the Rains is set in 1930s Malabar District of the Madras Presidency of British India, against the backdrop of a growing nationalist movement. An idealistic young Indian man, T.K. (Rahul Bose) finds himself torn between his ambitions for the future and his loyalty to tradition when people in his village learn of an affair between his British boss and close friend Henry Moores (Linus Roache) and a married village woman Sajani (Nandita Das). In this play Henry and T.K. are working on building a road in rural Kerala. The start of the film focuses on the affair between Henry and his house maid Sajani. They make love near a waterfall, but two kids see them and on hearing a noise, they flee. Both Henry and his maid are married to different partners and both know of each other's marriages. Henry's wife and son return from their vacation in England. Sajani is distraught but Henry calms her saying that she is the one he loves. Sajani's violent husband finds out about her infidelity and brutally beats her. Sajani flees to Henry's house; Henry instructs T.K. to take her away into hiding. T.K tells Sajani never to come back as she is now disgraced and her being in the village will endanger Henry's life. Sajani does not believe T.K but leaves nonetheless. During this time, resentment towards the British grows stronger and they do not want to make things worse by having news about an adulterous act between an Indian woman and a British man. Sajani's love for Henry drives her back to Henry's house. Sajani is told to leave. Henry lies that he does not love her. A distraught Sajani finds T.K's handgun which was a gift from Henry and shoots herself in the chest and dies. T.K. and Henry take her body and throw it in a body of water, since their lives were at risk if people found out about what happened. Sajani's disappearance garners interest in the village. Sajani's brother and husband gather the men of the village to search the jungle for Sajani. The same 2 kids who discovered Sajani and Henry near the water fall, discover her body. On examining the body it was found that a bullet from an English pistol killed her. A mob led by Sajani's husband attack T.K. who is the only Indian man around with a handgun. The bullet and the handgun match and T.K is tried by the village council for murder. T.K was forced to tell the truth to the council, while Henry's wife discovers that her husband is the one responsible for everything and leaves her husband to return to England. T.K proves his innocence to the council in a test by fire. The council elders tell T.K. that he has to kill Henry to get his honour back since he aided and abetted in covering up a killing. Sajani's brother and T.K. go to kill Henry. When it comes to the moment for T.K to kill Henry, he cannot pull the trigger but instead tells Henry, that no man owns anything, it belongs to everyone. The film ends with the onset of the monsoon. Henry and T.K's road holds and does not yield to the pouring rains.

DNO

One Too Many
Having found a copy of "I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski" by Green, et al., I just had to watch "The Big Lebowski" again. I never tire of this one.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
A cult classic, Electra Glide In Blue. What a terrible movie! Was much better at the midnight movies during my drinking years!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany