Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Saw Man of Steel today, quite enjoyed it in a blockbuster-y kinda way. Pretty humourless though, as you'd expect from Christopher Nolan. And Superman doesn't wear his pants on the outside on this occasion too.

That is the last nail in the coffin for me :p

Nolan alway comes across as a right misery, and his films seem to reflect this.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That is the last nail in the coffin for me :p

Nolan alway comes across as a right misery, and his films seem to reflect this.

You get the impression from his films that, as a teenager, he spent a lot of time in his bedroom 'being misunderstood'. I like the fact that on Nolan's Krypton, everyone wears capes.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Been on a Don Castle kick. Recently watched "High Tide" (okay), "Roses are Red" (good), "I Wouldn't Be in Your Shoes" (also good), and "The Guilty" (very good), all of them late '40s from Monogram, and the last two based on Woolrich stories. The ending of "The Guilty" really did catch me by surprise, because I thought that the typical Woolrich "twist" had already occurred. Castle had an easy air about him, and it's a shame that MGM and Paramount never used him as an A-lead.

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
One of the best Sci-fi movies ever made. The "Making of" features on that disk are very good too.

Unquestionably... great Sci-fi and genuinely scary too, even if it does show its age at times. I've yet to watch the extras.

And speaking of great extra content, I bought The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo {David Fincher version} and that has an extra BD disc of amazingly high quality, in-depth features, from cast test footage and rehearsals, to onset and post production... really interesting stuff, totalling around four hours. This is bonus content done right.

DesertDan

One Too Many
I have not watched TGWTDT not sure if it is my kind of flick.

Another great movie with great "making of" features is the 4-disc "Bladerunner" set. I find it amusing that Ridley Scott, who is not a "sci-fi" fan by his own admission, made 2 of the all-time great movies of the genre.

Last night I watched "The Terminator" another of my faves.

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Finished watching Rosselini's "Rome - Open City". I've seen "Berlin - Year One", now I've only got to catch the middle film of the trilogy to be finished. Great film by the way, the ending had me in tears.

Worf

Superman - 2013. Dunno. It's not bad, but for 1/4-Billion $, I guess you should expect big CGI and effects to rule the day. I enjoyed it, but I would have liked more character development. 2.5 hours, less battles and more people. But all in all, I'd see the next one without hesitation...

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Just bought 2-disc BD 'Final Cut' version of Blade Runner... which I have just opened only to find the extras disc missing :mad: ... so a trip back to HMV for me. HMV have some great deals on with 3 for £20 or 5 for £30 on Blu-rays... managed to spend over £100 in there last week, so we now have a back-log of some great films, inc. Cassablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Bullitt, Cinema Paradiso, The Artist, Sherlock Holmes and Lincoln to name a few... just need to find the time to watch them all :)

Love T1 and T2 - such great films.

TGWTDT is a tough watch in places; very good film though.. both versions.

I have not watched TGWTDT not sure if it is my kind of flick.

Another great movie with great "making of" features is the 4-disc "Bladerunner" set. I find it amusing that Ridley Scott, who is not a "sci-fi" fan by his own admission, made 2 of the all-time great movies of the genre.

Last night I watched "The Terminator" another of my faves.

vintageTink

One Too Many
Superman - 2013. Dunno. It's not bad, but for 1/4-Billion $, I guess you should expect big CGI and effects to rule the day. I enjoyed it, but I would have liked more character development. 2.5 hours, less battles and more people. But all in all, I'd see the next one without hesitation...
I love the originals. I'm tired of remakes.

If he's not wearing his underdoos on the outside of his pants, I'm not going.

^ Thanks for the words about Superman. I'm planning on seeing it tomorrow with the family.
It's actually pretty family/kid safe. Nothing offensive about it, but it doesn't go as dark as Batman or the new Bond. I'd call it a middle ground. That said, people die. They don't try to comic-book that out. Made it more believable...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko