Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Original Legend of Boggy Creek was one of my all time childhood favorites!
:eeek:
Well that explains a lot. :p
Boggy Creek II is one of my favorites, but only the riffed one.
If you haven't seen it, a copy might be on youtube under MST3K Boggy Creek II.
Even if the full film isn't on there, highlights should be.

Watched "Meet the Stewarts" with William Holden (looking insanely young in '42, as I am more used to seeing him in his 1950s movies) and Francis Dee. It's an okay hour and half diversion movie about a young couple - poor boy marries rich girl and then they have money problems. Seems like it might have been trying to ride on the success of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" which covers similar territory but does it better.

:eeek:
Well that explains a lot. :p
Boggy Creek II is one of my favorites, but only the riffed one.
If you haven't seen it, a copy might be on youtube under MST3K Boggy Creek II.
Even if the full film isn't on there, highlights should be.

lol
The funny thing is, I had a morning paper route. It was over 100 papers (which sucked on Sundays as it was 3x as thick) and I rode my Schwinn Stingray with bags over my shoulder. It covered a lot of area and was near the "duck pond". The duck pond actually did have tons of ducks, but it was the local sewage refinery which in the colder months, emitted a (clean) fog from the hot water being treated. As the day grew shorted in the winter, the fog rolled in and it was dark to boot. After seeing that movie, I was scared ****less every morning thinking one of those things was behind every (very large) tree :rofl:
Sure, it was a crappy movie in most measurable ways, but it was one I'll always remember and I think the one that got me into loving that sort of film.

Feraud

Bartender
I too generally like Franco's work and the story worked for me. Then again having Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz in the same film may have had something to do with it.. :D

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
You know, I felt the way about that film that I do about so many nowadays: if it had devoted 15 minutes less to the 3D eye candy and used it for a little more character development, it would have been really great. As it stands, as a prequel to the 1939 film, it was interesting and worked surprisingly well in many ways, and Franco and his gorgeous costars (don't forget Michelle Williams) all did a fine job. It had some beautiful production designs too, and the animation on China Girl was outstanding.

Feraud

Bartender
Agreed Doc S-.
My 19 year old saw it in the theater and told my wife and I what a good film it is. He made it a point to say how charming China Girl is. Maybe there is hope for this generation after all. ;)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" - B - Good almost great film. Different and compelling, it gives me hope there can be movies for and about the young that aren't wall to wall explosions or drunken orgies. Can't recommend it any higher.

Worf

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'Hoots Mon' starring legendary british Musicall Hall comedian Max Miller:
MAX_MILLER.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Our little group from work got together and ate Split Pea Soup (with BACONNNNN) to watch the Exorcist. Great movie. We watched Waiting while we were cleaning up.

Later

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Oblivion with Tom Cruise. I'm a sucker for sci-fi and this doesn't disappoint... well, not too much. It did rip off a lot of ideas and scenes from previous sci-fi movies, and inevitably the story is pretty dumb in places, but there are a bunch of new ideas and some of the visuals are quite spectacular. Also, on a more purile level, the redheaded actress is simply perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic