Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Watching Lawless (2012) right now.

Just saw that for the first time a few days ago. Good movie, some great vintage looking clothes (Tom Hardy's Fair Isle vest and Mia Wasikowska's gift dress). The "good guys" were three dimensional; the "bad guy," the federal agent brought in, was almost comic book evil. Would have been a better movie if the "bad guy" was as developed as the "good guys."

Today it'll be Sunset Blvd. (1950)

Watched that New Years Eve, probably the third or forth time I've seen it in thirty years, and was reminded of what an incredibly well done movie it is. Gloria Swanson does an outstanding - ego free - job and the script is tight and tense. Also, now that I've seen it enough times, I'm picking up the cool things that you miss the first few times - like the wicker on the side of her car or some of the glances in the background, etc. Enjoy.

Just saw that for the first time a few days ago. Good movie, some great vintage looking clothes (Tom Hardy's Fair Isle vest and Mia Wasikowska's gift dress). The "good guys" were three dimensional; the "bad guy," the federal agent brought in, was almost comic book evil. Would have been a better movie if the "bad guy" was as developed as the "good guys."
I agree, Guy Pearce's Charlie Rakes was a little "over the top". But, considering the movie is based on the novel written by Matt Bondurant (Jack Bondurant's Grandson), that's probably how the family perceived him--an outsider with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I wish SOMEONE would've warned me against watching Irwin Allen's abysmal "The Lost World". I must've lost about half a million brain cells watching THAT one. Oh the humanity! For the life of me I didn't think that much cheese existed on planet earth!

Worf

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
On New Year's Eve, after an early get-together, we babysat our grandson overnight so his mom and dad could get a full night's sleep; because we had to stay up for the 11 0'clock feeding we aimed for midnight and filled the time in with My Reputation from 1946 with Barbara Stanwyck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points