Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Winter Meeting (1948) with Bette Davis, big Jim Davis, Janis Paige, John Hoyt, and good many others. I do not know how to prep anyone for this. If you watch it, it is not a romance in the usual sense of the word; just be ready to sort of go, Huh? at the end.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Cop Land (1997)

I've known about it for years and have heard great things about it. However, last night was the first time I had watched any of it. It certainly lived up to expectations.

- Ian

The Horse Whisperer. However, I did not finish watching it, because it was on past 9:00, and around 9:00 I always fall asleep.

Not one of Redford's best as it was too cliched, but still okay and it is visually pretty in spots. I don't remember us talking about Redford movies too often, but as a director, he makes them with a very Classic Hollywood vibe - both the story and visual sensitivity. "A River Runs Through It," "Quiz Show" and "Legend of Bagger Vance" all echo a classic movie making feel and style.

Last edited:
Cop Land (1997)

I've known about it for years and have heard great things about it. However, last night was the first time I had watched any of it. It certainly lived up to expectations.

- Ian

A really good cast helped to make this a really entertaining flick. It was as if the cast of Goodfellas was standing around during casting calls.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Birdemic-The Rifftrax version.
This was a riot!
The movie and it's CGI was really awful, shot on what looked like a cell phone.
No wait, a cell phone would give a better picture. :D

blood_on_the_sun_movie_ad_1945.jpg

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Dead Poets Society. It is a good movie, but I feel they could have done a better job on the hairstyles. Practically no man in the movie has any hair product in his hair at all. I could be incorrect, but it seems to me that history says otherwise, and most men used hair products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou