Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I feel much better !

"There'll be no off-topic going on while I'm on duty " !
34g2gih.png

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Pompeii and The Man From Colorado. The former had great special effects, but, isn't it time for a different story line then Titanic? The later film wasn't to bad, once you get past the Civil War battle in Colorado! The closest the Confederates got was Glorieta Pass, New Mexico, then they had to go packing back to Texas. Glen Ford was good as the Psychopath Judge.

Edward

Bartender
This week the BBC screened an in-house production called The Eichmann Show, starring Martin Freeman as the television producer who convinced the Israeli authorities to allow him to film and broadcast the trial of the Nazi war criminal. An extremely significant point in histroy, as it was the first time the world saw and heard from survivors of what had, at that point, yet to become known as the Holocaust in the way we think of it today.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Nebraska" - A good movie but not the "great revelation" folks had played it up to be. If you've never seen a black and white film before then "Nebraska" might enthrall you. If you've never lived or spent time in a dying town during hard times then the film might educate you. If you've never dealt with low dirt people especially friends and relatives who think you owe them something then the film may intrigue you. Having experience with all of the above I found the film a tad predictable and boring. Dern turns in a solid performance as do all the Hollywood types but the real stars are the locals cast as themselves. I've seen worse.

Worf

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
"Nebraska" - A good movie but not the "great revelation" folks had played it up to be. If you've never seen a black and white film before then "Nebraska" might enthrall you. If you've never lived or spent time in a dying town during hard times then the film might educate you. If you've never dealt with low dirt people especially friends and relatives who think you owe them something then the film may intrigue you. Having experience with all of the above I found the film a tad predictable and boring. Dern turns in a solid performance as do all the Hollywood types but the real stars are the locals cast as themselves. I've seen worse.

Worf

I found that the real magic in that film was the characters themselves. I found that I could see a family member or friend in each one and that's what was the most charming to me.

Breaker! Breaker! Has Chuck Norris ever done a movie that was not bad? I thought that I remembered he had done some entertaining "B" type movies, but I am starting to think that my memories from my youth are askewed.
:D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
This week the BBC screened an in-house production called The Eichmann Show, starring Martin Freeman as the television producer who convinced the Israeli authorities to allow him to film and broadcast the trial of the Nazi war criminal. An extremely significant point in histroy, as it was the first time the world saw and heard from survivors of what had, at that point, yet to become known as the Holocaust in the way we think of it today.

Sounds like an interesting movie!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Mirror Mirror. I am starting to like these new interpretations of the old classics. Best part, no singing Dwarfs!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Breaker! Breaker! Has Chuck Norris ever done a movie that was not bad? I thought that I remembered he had done some entertaining "B" type movies, but I am starting to think that my memories from my youth are askewed.
:D

Perhaps the original "Lone Wolf McQuade" which has some decent actors... But mostly I remember him as an wooden, undercooked ham with minimal acting skills. To me his ONLY claim to fame was gettin' his royal arse beat in by THE Bruce Lee.

Worf

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
A couple of nights ago I stumbled upon a movie called The Cell (2000), starring Jennifer Lopez, Vince Vaughn, and Vincent D'Onofrio.

It's a pyshological thriller in which an FBI agent (Vaughn) enlists the help of a social worker (Lopez) to get into the mind of a psychotic killer (D'Onofrio) using a new, mind-blending technology.

The film is remarkably free of stereotypical behavior, although the director fully exploits Lopez's charms wherever possible.

The 'dream' sequences were shot much in the style of the fantasy sequences in Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992).

I enjoyed it very much.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The director is Tarsem, who is known for creating incredible visuals going back to his days as a music video director (e.g., R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion")... if not great storytelling. His masterwork is his second feature, The Fall, a really gorgeous, unique fantasy film that I heartily recommend. His more recent films, like Immortals and Mirror, Mirror, still have astounding visuals and costumes, but the storytelling keeps getting more unsatisfying.

And you have a good eye: Tarsem's films' costumes are usually from the same designer who did Bram Stoker's Dracula!

Mathematicus

A-List Customer
Just yesterday evening me and my fiancée watched a classic movie from 1930: I think many of you surely know "Borrowed Wives". I had never seen it before and was a very funny one!

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
The Long Walk Home. It's a great Civil Rights film about the Montgomery Bus Boycotts, feels like a precursor to Selma watching it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24