Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Agreed. I used to go to the "revival" houses to see Casablanca as it was intended to be seen: on a big screen. The Balboa Theater ran a wide variety of films, foreign, classic, silents, "art house", and so on. There was period of time when they played 40s music during intermission over the speakers (think of Road to Morocco's theme song).
I shy away from visiting the movies today because it's so expensive, there's very little that interests me, and, yes, those folks that talk and text and chat spoil it for me.

I spend every day of my life in a place like that. We don't run as many thirties pictures as I'd prefer, and too many whiny-white-people-in-New-York pictures, but the environment, at least, is extremely pleasant. Except when I have to sop up water from frozen pipes and deal with sagging ceilings.

Our walk-in music comes from my own collection of '78s. We have the only twentysomething concession kids in America who know all the words to "The Hut-Sut Song."

If I catch you texting during the movie, there's a pretty good chance I'll chuck you out. People know this, and keep their phones in their pockets.

I spend every day of my life in a place like that. We don't run as many thirties pictures as I'd prefer, and too many whiny-white-people-in-New-York pictures, but the environment, at least, is extremely pleasant. Except when I have to sop up water from frozen pipes and deal with sagging ceilings.

Our walk-in music comes from my own collection of '78s. We have the only twentysomething concession kids in America who know all the words to "The Hut-Sut Song."

If I catch you texting during the movie, there's a pretty good chance I'll chuck you out. People know this, and keep their phones in their pockets.
I can see it now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kKU1S0lWxo

:p

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I remember that tune from the movie, " A Christmas Story".
I thought it was just "background music" for the movie ...Thanks JP :p

[video=youtube;P9EiTmI0Wic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9EiTmI0Wic[/video]

Wally_Hood

One Too Many

LM, please relocate to California and whip movie theaters into shape!

Kung Fu: The Movie (1986). David Carradine returns to play Kwai Chang Caine in a disjointed made-for-TV movie that appears to have been a failed attempt to revive the series. Carradine drops back into the role that haunted him throughout the rest of his life and career as easily as if he were donning a comfortable old pair of shoes, but the dual plots aren't intertwined well and much of the "ancient wisdom" sounds like something the writers found in fortune cookies.

'The Invisible Agent' (1942)
I've never much cared for any of the 'Invisible Man' movies, but this one was interesting from a historical standpoint as a piece of American/Allied wartime propaganda of the time.

And it had Peter Lorre in it.

"Central Park" a 1932 one hour detective story that is a great time travel moment to NYC's Central Park. The story is a throw away - again, though - if you are familiar with Central Park today, you get a great opportunity to see how several familiar landmarks in the Park looked in '32

"Angels in the Outfield" - just watched it on TCM for probably the third or fourth time over several decades. I'm not overly proud of it, as it is a silly movie, but I enjoy its fable-like story and Paul Douglas' cantankerous character softening over time.

'The Invisible Agent' (1942)
I've never much cared for any of the 'Invisible Man' movies, but this one was interesting from a historical standpoint as a piece of American/Allied wartime propaganda of the time.

And it had Peter Lorre in it.
The Invisible Man (1933) is one of my favorite classic "horror" movies, but I've never bothered to watch any of the sequels (even though I have them readily available in the Universal "Legacy Collection" DVD set) because I've heard they were all rubbish. I suppose I should take the time to watch them and form my own opinions one of these days. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic