Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Habe you seen "Episodes"? Incredibly sharp BBC sitcom about a couple who wrote a hit British sitcom and are in the US working as consultants for the US production company that bought the rights to remake. Leblanc plays a version of himself, the US counterpart to Richard Griffiths in the (fictional) original. It's not always a flattering version of him. It's a tour de force, and really made me think he can actually act, as distinct from that Friends tripe.

No, I haven't seen that. I'll have to check it out. :)

DesertDan

One Too Many
"Sanjuro" is my favorite Kurosawa film.

"Conan: The Barbarian" Got a new copy that has all the "making of" documentaries attached, enjoyed it very much.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Jurassic World: 8/10... The plot was a little weak, but not crippling. I loved it, basically. In all consideration, its better than the 3rd, though not as good as The Lost World... but I'll be damned if it ain't close.

"The Wasp Woman" (1960)
Woman takes injections of wasp enzymes to regain her youth, ends up turning into some kind of were-wasp. Loooow on the budget, high on the entertainment. 4 out of 6 PBRs.

Getting ready for Horror of Dracula (1958) in remembrance of Christopher Lee
Just in case you (or anyone else) haven't heard yet, TCM is "paying tribute" to Sir Lee by airing eight of his movies on June 22:

6:15 AM - The Mummy (1959)
8:00 AM - The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
9:30 AM - Horror of Dracula (1958)
11:00 AM - Dracula, Prince of Darkness (1966)
12:45 PM - Dracula Has Risen From the Grave (1969)
2:30 PM - Horror Express (1972)
4:00 PM - The Three Musketeers (1972)
6:00 PM - The Four Musketeers (1975)

Of the nearly 200 movies he appeared in (not counting television movies or series) I've only seen 16, so I'll be watching.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Godzilla

2014 Godzilla.
Better than the 1990s version and the big boy looks more like the original Toho version.
Thanks for making him a hero in this but I saw that coming when the flying monster, whom I suspect was based on Mothra, started smashing things up.
Certainly to much human time in this though, we wanted to see monster battles for at least 75% of the film and I thought we were not going to see his radioactive breath in action but he gave the MUTO's a taste of it in the end
And I didn't really like the ideas pinched from the 26th December Boxing Day 2004 Tsunami and the way the building collapsed a la' 2001 9/11 World Trade Centre terrorist attacks.
Hoping we see some more of him because Godzilla really is "King of the Monsters".........Apart from the original King Kong of course :)

Levallois

Practically Family
Also saw Jurassic World - not as good as the first but better than 2 and 3 - good summer escapism - lots of cool dinos.

Watched 'Gammera the Invincible' (1965) this morning with the kids. Fun stuff. My 4 year old said "he looks like a pickle who also is a turtle."

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
2014 Godzilla.
Better than the 1990s version and the big boy looks more like the original Toho version.
Thanks for making him a hero in this but I saw that coming when the flying monster, whom I suspect was based on Mothra, started smashing things up.
Certainly to much human time in this though, we wanted to see monster battles for at least 75% of the film and I thought we were not going to see his radioactive breath in action but he gave the MUTO's a taste of it in the end
And I didn't really like the ideas pinched from the 26th December Boxing Day 2004 Tsunami and the way the building collapsed a la' 2001 9/11 World Trade Centre terrorist attacks.
Hoping we see some more of him because Godzilla really is "King of the Monsters".........Apart from the original King Kong of course :)

That sir was the crux of one the biggest fights/debates in my grade school... Who'd beat who in a no hold barred, monster throwdown. Every BOY had an opinion and they varied widely. The 'bookworms" what you'd call "nerds" nowadays... were firmly in the Godzilla camp... you know atomic breath and all that jazz... All the jocks and most of the regular kids felt Kong was too fast, too strong and too agile for that giant horny toad to EVER lay a hand on! Look how he took apart that T-Rex on Skull Island. Easy, peasey, lemon squeezey.

Worf

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
That sir was the crux of one the biggest fights/debates in my grade school... Who'd beat who in a no hold barred, monster throwdown. Every BOY had an opinion and they varied widely. The 'bookworms" what you'd call "nerds" nowadays... were firmly in the Godzilla camp... you know atomic breath and all that jazz... All the jocks and most of the regular kids felt Kong was too fast, too strong and too agile for that giant horny toad to EVER lay a hand on! Look how he took apart that T-Rex on Skull Island. Easy, peasey, lemon squeezey.

Worf

When Godzilla went mainstream in the 1960s There was a King Kong V Godzilla movie, Japanese of course. In this one Godzilla was the bad guy I think and Kong put the heat on the Tokyo Destroyer.
Kong of course(the 1930s original) was such a great story, with Max Steiners fast paced music score it's the ultimate adventure especially with the scantily clad Fay Wray.
The original Godzilla though (1954), was pretty influential though with it's theme of radioactive poisoning and possible effect on the environment. Yes it's pure fantasy but you could say this was one of the first films to focus on the dangers or atomic energy going wrong and environmental mishaps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo