Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Scott Wood said:
And here am I with an opening in my Military History section :whistling
:rolleyes: lol

You scoping for a freebie Scott? ;)

One's the standard release and the other is the special edition. I couldn't possibly part with either!

Nice try though :D

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Finally got around to watching my DVD of the German film 'Downfall' - the story of the last days in Hitler's bunker. I'd say it's the most realistic and believable I've seen Hitler portrayed in a film.

Sincerely-Dee

One of the Regulars
zendy said:
The last movie I watched was a gross out Hungarian flick called Taxidermia. The whole time I wanted to puke but I couldn't look away cause it was so damn interesting. If your have the Netflix it's on the streaming so you don't have to waste a mailer if you can't get through it.

The first time I watched that film I had to switch it off, but after a while I just had to put it back on, but I'd already missed loads.
The second time I was more prepared for what I was going to see.

What a strange, strange film.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Tonight, I saw The Fortune Cookie from 1966 with Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau. It is supposed to be the first time those two guys were together in a screen comedy. It was the first time Walter Mathau acted in a comedy. He was a shyster lawyer trying to sue a football team after his brother in law, a CBS camera man got accidently tackled on the sideline while he was shooting a football game.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Yesterday, 1938's "Holiday," starring Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn.

Today, 1953's "How to Marry a Millionaire," with Lauren Bacall, Betty Grable, and Marilyn Monroe. A great line from the movie: Lauren Bacall's 25-year-old chacacter, trying to convince a much older William Powell that it's ok for her to marry him, "I've always liked older men. Look at Roosevelt, look at Churchill. Look at that old fellow what's-his-name in African Queen. Absolutely crazy about him!" (referring to her real-life husband Humphrey Bogart)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
You scoping for a freebie Scott? ;)

One's the standard release and the other is the special edition. I couldn't possibly part with either!

Nice try though :D

I've even got 3 to choose between!!!! The standard, the special edition - and a blu-ray! (Nice):)

JennyLou

Practically Family
After reading post about a movie called My First Mister, I decided to borrow it from the library and watch it. I liked it a lot- a bit sad but I am glad I watched it. The character Jennifer annoyed me at first but towards the end I really liked her. I was finally able to put a face to Marlin the fish from Finding Nemo.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I found a DVD of the Coen brother's 'The Man Who Wasn't There' at a thrift store recently and watched it last night. It's a b/w Coen-noir film set in 1949-50. Not too bad....... [huh]

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Two masters at work! Great flick!

Way more than two - there are great supporting performances by Lew Ayres and Edward Everett Horton, sterling direction by George Cukor, and an excellent script from a trio of distinguished authors. And the story - about noncomformist Grant's desire to discover who he is vs. just making a pile of money - is a lot less dated than those of most 1930s movies.

I love Holiday, and prefer it to the more famous Grant/Hepburn pairings, The Philadelphia Story and Bringing Up Baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot