Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

BunnyLamarr

New in Town
Not including the Tinkerbell movie ( ughh) the last real movies I watched were 'The Women', ( the original with Joan Crawford) - one of my all time favourites and '42nd Street'.
Have just found lots of lovely movies, have 'Mr Blandings Builds his dream house' to watch later :D

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Fright Night (1985)

Could have been a lot worse. The special effects and make-up were great. The plot was campy, as one would expect, and it had a real 1980's feel to it. However, this film was far smoother than many of its low budget peers. I have to admit, however, there are some pretty awkward moments, i.e. the 16 year old girl with the 35+ year old vampire...yikes!

I like this flick! *lol* Watched it not too long ago.

It has bee so long singe I've seen that one. Used to be one of my favorites back in the day. Can't wait to see the remake. I interested in see how David Tennant does as Peter Vincent.

Cheers!

Dan

What? There's a remake scheduled? I bet it'll be terrible, remakes usually are. *sighs*
X
BD

Last edited:

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
"You're a painter - paint these!"

ScarletStreet02_painting.jpg

And the way she says 'It'll be a masterpiece' — brilliant.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I LOVE Fright Night! What a fun film. It's very 80's, but in a good way and Roddie Mc Dowell is great. Not sure about Colin Farrell in the remake though...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The last one watched yesterday was Night and Day with Cary Grant. It is a very fictionalized and sanitized version of Cole Porters life. Loved though that Monty Wooley played himself in the film, even referencing the filming of 'The Man Who Came to Dinner'. After that they had a biography of Cary Grant that was very insightful.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
What? There's a remake scheduled? I bet it'll be terrible, remakes usually are. *sighs*
X
BD

Well, considering the original wasn't fantastic, this one will most likely be viewed as a stand alone, as those that go see it are young enough not to recall the 1985 version. There will only be a few of us that will watch it and compare.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1438176/

I think that Colin Farrell will do a fair job of the role of Dandrige. Plus this will most likely have the same type of so-so theater release that the original did and eventually have a DVD cult following. Then all of a sudden those that didn't know there was one out in 1985 will discover that one. Funny how it all works.

Cheers!

Dan

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I just watched two Fritz Lang noirs, both starring Edward G. Robinson and Joan Bennett: The Woman in the Window (1944) and Scarlet Street (1945). What a couple of pictures those were.

I still haven't seen Woman in the Window (although I've read about it), but Scarlett Street is fantastic. The last scene of Robinson alone in the park floored me. It's been written that after Scarlett Street, Lang's opinion about "fate" changed; he no longer believed that we were just puppets of the latter, but rather active participants. In addition, some have opined that the ending to Scarlett Street is superior to that of Woman in the Window, due to the latter's involving a dream.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Not including the Tinkerbell movie ( ughh) the last real movies I watched were 'The Women', ( the original with Joan Crawford) - one of my all time favourites and '42nd Street'.
Have just found lots of lovely movies, have 'Mr Blandings Builds his dream house' to watch later :D

Ahh, "Mr. Blandings..." is one of my all-time favorites. The chemistry between the three principals is outstanding. Nothing flags or falters here. Lots of pipe smoking going on, which drove me crazy when I used to enjoy a briar from time to time: I kept wanting to hit pause and light up.

BunnyLamarr

New in Town
Ahh, "Mr. Blandings..." is one of my all-time favorites. The chemistry between the three principals is outstanding. Nothing flags or falters here. Lots of pipe smoking going on, which drove me crazy when I used to enjoy a briar from time to time: I kept wanting to hit pause and light up.

Have just watched it - it was lovely. The acting is so fab. Am off to watch either Swing Time or Topper Returns now!

Old Rogue

Practically Family
This post is more along the lines of the next movies I'm going to watch. Just received the four DVD "Bogie & Bacall: The Signature Collection" set in the mail today. It contains To Have and Have Not, The Big Sleep, Dark Passage, and Key Largo. Guess what I'm gonna be doing this weekend, woohoo!

Snowdrop

Familiar Face
I just watched 'The Awful Truth' for about the hundreth time. It's one of my all time favorite movies and I love the Cary Grant/Irene Dunne pairing. Still makes me laugh out loud, no matter how many times I watch it. :)

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Let us know which one is your favorite...

That will be a tough call; The only one I've never watched is Dark Passage, so I'm really looking forward to that one. As for the other three, they are kind of like my children; I love them each in their own way but would never be able to single out one as my favorite. I'll be sure to post my impressions of this screening of each of these films as I watch them over the next few days.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Slightly Scarlet (1956) with John Payne, Rhonda Fleming, and Arlene Dahl. Story of a guy who finks on a local mob boss, only to move into his spot. Payne is one of my favorite post WWII actors, especially when he's in a crime film. Fleming was gorgeous in color, but I think that the bright Technicolor backgrounds often detracted from the goings on for me. Some consider this late Noir, but I don't think so. Great mid-'50s cars, though.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Strangers on a Train (1951)

I wasn't as impressed by this film as I hoped, but I felt Walker redeemed my expectations. He was a sinister, creepy killer well worth seeing in action. I also really liked Hitchcock's use of camera with some great scenes like the murder reflected through the woman's glasses, as well as the killer standing in a dark suit against white steps and pillars (to name but a few). It was a great film and I loved it - just not what I expected.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda