Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"His First Flame," Harry Langdon's first feature -- made for Sennett in 1925, but not released until 1927. The scene in which Harry, as a fireman, tries to fill a fire hose from a garden spigot and then splashes little handfuls of the water onto what he thinks is a raging inferno is about as perfect a summary of his comic style as you'll ever see.

Atomic Age

Practically Family
Apocalypse Now on blu-ray. The quality of the image is just amazing. This is the film that 5.1 sound was literally created for, and 30 years later it is still probably the best sound design and mix of any movie ever made.

Doug

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I just watched His Picture In The Papers (1916).

Meh. There were lots of film splices in it which could make the story hard to follow if you're not used to movies this old. There was also a LOT of action just for the sake of action -- those early movies sure did MOVE :D

Douglas Fairbanks was the star, performing stunts galore (hence the "action"!). It was funny seeing him so YOUNG! lol Eric von Stroheim also had a bit part as a gangster. It was decent for 1916, since I find most movies from this time period unwatchable.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Breakfast at Tiffany's. Tough call as to who was prettier, Audrey Hepburn or George Peppard......

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Just saw “Mulholland Falls” for the first time the other day on television. I rather liked it. Today, or yesterday now, I watched “My Fellow Americans” in honor of Presidents Day.

Effingham

A-List Customer
Just tonight, I watched "This Gun for Hire." Early in the movie, it also reminded me of something that we don't see anymore (as is the theme of another thread).

Early in the movie, Alan Ladd, playing Raven, the hitman, enters a walkup apartment building, and sitting on the landing is a little girl wearing steel leg braces. Ah, polio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy