Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Atonement - Usually Keira Knightley puts me off watching any movie with her in it however Atonement is the exception - she still irritates me but the film as a whole is excellent - sterling performances from all involved (particularly Saoirse Ronan) and incredibly moving.

filfoster

One Too Many
'Midnight in Paris'. Proves Woody Allen can still write and direct a good movie. Some great Golden Age scenes in the 'time travel' parts. Owen Wilson is the new Woody Allen screen stand in. He is endearing and touchingly funny.
And the music. Come on, even if you're not a Woodman fan, you have to like that. It's possible to identify this movie as a Woody Allen movie by the music alone.

Last edited:
'One Million Years B.C.' (1966) starring Raquel Welch.

Very ordinary.

I was about 9 yo when this came out and went with my brother to the Johnny Allweather Drive in on Sunrise highway in Amityville to see this. We went to their huge indoor theater and sat in the last row. Raquel Welch always makes an impression, I was enamored with her in the scuba suit in the Fantastic Voyage.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Desperado with Antonio Banderas (the sanitized version on AMC.). I don't know why, but I love this movie - the music is incredible, plus there are these subtle elements of comedy. And of course, I get to look at Antonio Banderas.

BigFitz

Practically Family
Eraserhead. It's the second time I've seen it, the first being years ago. I "enjoyed" it more this time. Disturbing and sometimes annoying but in my opinion it's worth watching just to see someone's ideas put on film. I won't pretend to say I understand this movie, but I think that was part of the idea of it. Most movies take your hand and guide you through the entire thing. This movie makes you come up with your own plot and meanings to the "story". That's what I think anyway.:p

Eraserhead.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
I saw Eraserhead ages ago...when it was first released. Definitely an unusual film. The only line I can recall: "What do you do?...Oh, I'm on vacation". For some reason, that one had me in stitches....ah well, I was a lot younger then.

Just watched The Left-Handed Gun with Paul Newman.

Edward

Bartender
LA Confidential again. For the clothes, as much as anything. Also, a German film called The Wave, which I received on DVD over Christmas. Superb stuff. Anyone with an interest in things like the Stanford Prison Experiment might find it worth looking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo