Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

wahine

Practically Family
Moonrise Kingdom - strange but wonderful. I watched it without knowing what's it about, and that was just the right thing to do.
Like a wonderful trip
(ambiguity intended)

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Just finishing "De Lovely", which I've not seen in a few years. I'd forgotten how poignant it is, especially with snippets of the Murphy's story woven through the narrative. Now I feel the need to don a 20s frock & go have drinks with beautiful people. After I powder my red nose.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Allow me to say, Miss, that I always look forward to your movie posting. You always seem to find the most interesting flics. In my case I just watched Carve Her Name With Pride with Virginia McKenna and Paul Scofield.

Thank you DNO! :)

The last movie I saw was Somewhere in Time.....

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Hey, I love it too. Sure, it's essentially romantic drivel. But it's very effective romantic drivel, and the leads are so gorgeous! And John Barry's moving Rachmaninoff-based score helps it enormously.

Besides, anything based on the writings of Richard Matheson is worth seeing. (Look him up: you'll be amazed how many great SF/fantasy projects he's responsible for - several wonderful Twilight Zone episodes, The Incredible Shrinking Man, I Am Legend/The Omega Man, the Roger Corman Poe films, Spielberg's Duel, etc.)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Hey, I love it too. Sure, it's essentially romantic drivel. But it's very effective romantic drivel, and the leads are so gorgeous! And John Barry's moving Rachmaninoff-based score helps it enormously.

You can't beat a bit of romantic drivel from time to time ;) - I would take that any day over those ghastly RomComs that Hollywood spews out these days.

And you are right about the leads in the movie - they were so incredibly gorgeous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy