Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Plan 9 is a decent movie. I like the fat guy and Vampira. :eyebrows:
Tor Johnson?
He was a good sport about the whole thing, even though he could have beat Ed into pulp, well further down than pulp. :D

Since the wife isn't home yet, I'm watching "Road To Ruin." (1934)
What's odd, is that Mae Busch is in this movie, well after she had been in Hal Roach shorts with Laurel and Hardy, and she was uncredited. [huh]

Tor Johnson?
He was a good sport about the whole thing, even though he could have beat Ed into pulp, well further down than pulp. :D

Since the wife isn't home yet, I'm watching "Road To Ruin." (1934)
What's odd, is that Mae Busch is in this movie, well after she had been in Hal Roach shorts with Laurel and Hardy, and she was uncredited. [huh]

Yes! Tor Johnson. I forgot his name.

Hmmmm
:eyebrows:

vintageTink

One Too Many
Supersonic Man the Rifftrax version.
2nd viewing is even funnier.
Later, Plan 9 From Outer Space. Yes it's the Rifftrax version but honestly it doesn't need their comments to be funny. This from an Ed Wood fan. Well not really a fan, but as one of the few that has his box set.
Why you little...

We watched Monsters University.

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Watching Love Crazy with William Powell and Myrna Loy.

Love_crazy_poster.jpg

A film where even the mental patients dress better than the modern hoi poly.

Last edited:
"The Front Page" (1931) this morning on TCM. With Adolphe Menjou and Pat O'Brien. You can see where "His Girl Friday" came from nine years later.

Having seen "His Gal Friday" first, I found the pacing in "The Front Page" slow and off, but again, that might just be owing to my having seen "HGF" first.

Yesterday I watch "The Hucksters," also with Adolphe Menjou (he is such a pro and pops up in so many movies) - despite its faults (heavy handedness and some two-dimensional characters, such as Sidney Greenstreet's) - I still enjoyed it. I found Ava Gardner's character interesting and insightful as she played "the woman the man doesn't really want because he's in love with another" with sensitivity and nuance. And one doubts that she had a lot of experience with male rejection in her life, especially at that point in her life.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

Love_crazy_poster.jpg

That's a really good movie, and I'm not making any monumental statement when I say that Loy and Powell had a wonderful chemistry together. Both had great careers on their own, but there seems to be a certain something to the films they did together. Can't quite put my finger on it though.
Plus in this one, Gail Patrick...what a looker. ;)

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
-30- with Jack Webb, William Conrad, and several other radio stars; Webb also produced and directed. David Nelson, Ricky's brother, has a major role. Tough newspaper pros with heart of gold once you get past their hardened, callous, cynical exterior. Webb did well, with some interesting set ups, and occasional rapid-fire dialogue right out of Pat Novak, For Hire and Dragnet. Worth a watch if you get a chance.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Finished watching Christopher Lee and Patrick McNee as Holmes and Watson in long and somewhat disappointing film called Sherlock Holmes & the Leading Lady. Actually it's not bad, but it could have been much more than it was. Ironically, the best parts where when the two lead actors were not on screen together (as their characters go on separate investigations for a 20 minute period). There was a second movie, called Incident at Victoria Falls which I'm halfway through right now. It's better, although mostly because the yummy Jenny Seagrover is in the first half.

What I'm planning to acquire soon is the two Holmes films starring Ian Richardson, which according to reviews were excellent.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars

Love_crazy_poster.jpg

I was just thinking of this movie the other day. Couldn't agree more with the comments about Powell and Loy working so very well together. In this one I also appreciate the great performances by Jack Carson - one of my favorites, Florence Bates as the absolute WORST mother-in-law you could ever run into, Vladimir Sokoloff as a psychiatrist who reminds Powell of General Electric Whiskers and Donald MacBride who is always great. Great movie!

Today/tonight watched Charlie Chan and the Golden Eye... then North by Northwest. I hadn't watched this Hitchcock film in several years. Great time spent with my son.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'The White Tiger' a rather curious modern Russian war film about a ghostly Tiger tank. The film closes with Hitler in a dark room discussing his thoughts on war with a man sitting in the shadows. Since this scene comes after Hitler's death, I assume it is meant to represent him in hell.

A very odd film and one that probably makes more sense if you are acquainted with the Russian religious mysticism (which I'm not).

Watched "Oil for the Lamps of China" yesterday (recorded from TCM from earlier in the week). A good, solid 1930s US business operating in China story. And Josephine Hutchinson is beautiful.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm surprised you could make it through any of that series. :eeek: I've thought watching Kristen Stewart was akin to seeing a mannikin act.

The Rifftrax version is better.
Have you seen any of their stuff? They are the same group from Mystery Science Theater 3000.
One observation earlier in the series, was a vampire they nicknamed "Harpo" because he didn't have any lines the entire movie!
From that point on, in every movie, he was known as Harpo. :D

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I would rather stare at the mannequin for a day or two.
:D

:rofl:

You're not alone.

The Rifftrax version is better.
Have you seen any of their stuff? They are the same group from Mystery Science Theater 3000.
One observation earlier in the series, was a vampire they nicknamed "Harpo" because he didn't have any lines the entire movie!
From that point on, in every movie, he was known as Harpo. :D

Never heard of Rifftrax until ya'll have mentioned them. Sounds funny, but still don't think even they could help me stomach a Twilight film. Yeesh!

At least the mannequin wouldn't have that man face with a spike chin too. :p

Man, & I thought I was rough on her. :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot